Wiki Posts
Search

Lost stay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Lost stay

I stayed at a Hilton property on 12/17 to get my 28th stay, and my diamond, but it has not showed up on my account. I've filled out the missing stay request and spoken with a rep at the diamond line. I've not heard anything and I'm still showing gold.

Suggestions on what to do next? I am traveling this week and will start losing the diamond bonus tonight.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When did status begin to revert on January 1?

Keep on in your endeavors to get the stay to post - you still have some time left on the Diamond Hobbs meter, AFAIK. You have 90 days to get the stay to post so it counts for calendar year 2010.

(Yet one more reason on a slow year I try to overqualify - in 2010, if I were qualifying on stays, I'd have lost Diamond given an airline denied boarding issue had me lose a planed 29-30 Dec stay and it was made Dec 31-Jan 1. As I say, no problem, but if I were seeing the year go to barely qualifying I'd have taken a Sunday overnight at low rates and earn the 4x points or two.)
Old Jan 2, 2011, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by sanforj
I am traveling this week and will start losing the diamond bonus tonight.
Actually, so far as I know, you are Diamond through 31 March 2011.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:39 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Suggestions on what to do next? I am traveling this week and will start losing the diamond bonus tonight.
RELAX first (& welcome to Flyertalk).

How long ago did you fill out the missing stay request? If recently, then I'd wait as others have pointed out you are not going to drop your Diamond status. If not recent, then it is time to re-call Diamond Desk and ask where you can email/fax a copy of your folio & to who, then ask how long the stay will take to post. It happens once in awhile (more with other chains in my experience, like Hyatt)
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I think the concern is they won't get their diamond benefits because the system still has them as a gold, not that they will lost status.

There's not much you can do until they work it out and either post the stay or deny your claim. So yes, until that happens you will probably only get the gold benefits and bonus. It's possible you can argue the bonus once you have status, but I can't picture it being worth the time it will probably take to explain it to them.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the welcome and advice.

cordelli, you care correct.

I've never been diamond so 2011 would have been my first year. Hence the touch of anxiousness I guess.

You spend a good part of your life in their hotels and just when you think you'll get that little (and I do mean little) extra perk, it ends up just out of reach.

I'll sit tight until the end of the week and then call again.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks to all for the welcome and advice.

cordelli, you care correct.

I've never been diamond so 2011 would have been my first year. Hence the touch of anxiousness I guess.

You spend a good part of your life in their hotels and just when you think you'll get that little (and I do mean little) extra perk, it ends up just out of reach.

I'll sit tight until the end of the week and then call again.
Welcome to FF sanforj and congratulations on your new HH status!

In the past I have sent 2/3 times the "Missing credit Request" that you can find on the HH web but it has never worked.
Now I just send a mail to hhnonors(you can find the address also in the web) and within 48hrs the points get credit in my account.

Cheers,
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
I stayed at a Hilton property on 12/17 to get my 28th stay, and my diamond, but it has not showed up on my account. I've filled out the missing stay request and spoken with a rep at the diamond line. I've not heard anything and I'm still showing gold.

Thanks in advance.
First of all: are you sure it is a qualifying stay? I mean not booked via expedia or any other third party organizations.
If so I suggest you to send a PM to HHonorsrepresentative with all the details of your missing stay (Booking # if made trough hilton.com and bill amount). She will take care of your issue.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
...I've filled out the missing stay request and spoken with a rep at the diamond line...
I've given up filing missing stay requests. I haven't had to do it often, but it's slow to show results. Call the DD directly, if you have the number.
--
13F

PS 2010: 28 stays; 49 nights; 99,819 base points
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:15 am
Original Poster

just spent 45 minutes on the phone with the DD. Turns out it was an advanced purchase that somehow got coded as a PO? rate that didn't qualify. DD changed the code and everything credited as it should have. I'm officially diamond.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.