Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Official Hilton Honors Q1-More Nights More Points FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Hilton Honors Q1-More Nights More Points FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Meh... 80%+ of my stays are one night. 15% are two nights. 5% are three nights or more.

This just further pushes me towards Hyatt/Starwood. (I used to be a Hilton/Marriott girl... dropped Marriott because they only value nights, not stays. Hilton going the same direction? Great....)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I'm weighing up a potential 13 night stay in Barbados.
Weekend anywhere rate totals $4275 for the entire stay.
So 42750 base + 10687 gold bonus + 171k quad points for this promo. Is that right? or am I stupid and wrong?
If that is right that will boost my current 51k nicely so 5 free nights back in Barbados some time.

Last edited by Private Pyle; Jan 6, 2011 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Sweet Promo!

I just found out I will have to go to Washington next Sunday. 5 night stay reserved!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
deleted

MO

Last edited by MachOne; Jan 7, 2011 at 12:04 am
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:42 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I'm weighing up a potential 13 night stay in Barbados.
So 42750 base + 10687 gold bonus + 171k quad points for this promo. Is that right? or am I stupid and wrong?
If that is right that will boost my current 51k nicely so 5 free nights back in Barbados some time.
You have to remove any taxes from your calculations. Quad points means base points plus three times base points. The bonus points would be 42750 x 3 = 128250. You could also get 50% points instead of miles if you alter your double dip preference to points plus points. Can you get the Weekend Anywhere rate for the whole 13 days of your stay?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by cjd
You have to remove any taxes from your calculations. Quad points means base points plus three times base points. The bonus points would be 42750 x 3 = 128250. You could also get 50% points instead of miles if you alter your double dip preference to points plus points. Can you get the Weekend Anywhere rate for the whole 13 days of your stay?
Thank you.

PM'd you.

Last edited by Private Pyle; Jan 7, 2011 at 5:15 am
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I must be thick....

Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
I just completed a stay at Hilton Singapore that started on Jan 2 and ended on Jan 5. I had booked the stay until Jan 6 but needed to check out at 11 pm on Jan 5 to catch a 1:10 pm flight, so Jan 6 did not count. In any case, the points for the stay have posted just 6 hours later:

• Base Points - Hilton Singapore 8,210 0 05-Jan-2011
  • 2011 Q1 MORE NIGHTS MORE POINTS OFFER - Hilton Singapore 8,210 0 05-Jan-2011
  • DIAMOND VIP BONUS - 50% 2011 - Hilton Singapore 4,105 0 05-Jan-2011

Not yet shown are the bonus points for paying the folio with my HHonors AMEX, which will add another 4,926 points. Not too shabby as a promo if your favorite hotel does not opt out, which most Asian properties do not do!

So, it is clear that I got double points although I had checked in on Jan 2, which verifies HHonorsRepresentative's statement that this promo was different in that once registered, all the days that fall within the window of validity of the promo count. The start or the end does not have to fall in the validity window, which is a first.

Cheers!
......Since this was four night stay, aren't you entitled to base points (in this case 8,210) plus 3X base points or 24,630 as the "More Points More Nights Offer" bonus?

See posts #92 and #95 for how they calculated the bonus points which seems to differ......
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
......Since this was four night stay, aren't you entitled to base points (in this case 8,210) plus 3X base points or 24,630 as the "More Points More Nights Offer" bonus?

See posts #92 and #95 for how they calculated the bonus points which seems to differ......
I checked in on Jan 2 and checked out on Jan 5. Jan 2 does not count because it is outside of the promo validity period. So, I got double the points for Jan 3-5, which is two nights (3 to 4 & 4 to 5) and thus correct, unless I am missing something...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
unless I am missing something...
No....my bad.....sorry for false alarm

I must learn how to count someday.....
Old Jan 7, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
Promo works great for me as I have a couple of 4 night stays and some 3 nights too.

Reading through the thread I still don't see clarification of two things (1) are HGVC properties included and (2) are bonuses additional to rate-dependent bonuses. I believe the answer is yes but would like to get a confirmation.

Why? I have to be at HHV Feb 2-6. Rate options on Hilton.com include
(i) regular HHV at 224 a night with 10k points bonus
(ii) HGVC at HHV studio for 269 a night with TRIPLE point bonus.

If (ii) is truly cumulative so that one would earn 4 x 269 = $1076 or 10760 base points plus 2x per the rate (for triple total) (21520) plus an additional 3x per the promotion (32280). That would be 64560 plus points+points bonus and gold bonus....

If someone could confirm that would be helpful. Thanks!!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA: EXP HH: Diamond
Just completed a 2-night stay but somehow missed registering in advance. Anybody ever have luck getting credit retroactively or is it not worth the trouble?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Encom
Just completed a 2-night stay but somehow missed registering in advance. Anybody ever have luck getting credit retroactively or is it not worth the trouble?
IME HH is a stickler on this point- but if you don't ask you for sure won't get.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:32 am
cjd

Original Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
"I'm weighing up a potential 13 night stay in Barbados.
If that is right that will boost my current 51k nicely so 5 free nights back in Barbados some time."

Just realised that the WAR includes Double Bonus points , so that should give you another 42750 points.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SkyClub Lifetime, Hilton HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by casper01
I am diamond with 150 nights in 2010. 90% of my nights are at the Hilton Columbus Easton. I am VERY disappointed that the Hilton Columbus in Easton has elected NOT to participate in this promotion. I will be checking in next week to start 2011 and this is a sad way to start the year with my hotel chain.
In my opinion, the list of excluded hotels looks very large to me. If so many hotels opt out of a bonus program, is it really of any value? For those of you whose hotel participate I am happy for you. For us loyal customers whose hotel’s opt out, not a good thing!
I stayed at the Hilton Columbus at Easton every week from May to December in 2010 despite them opting out of other promotions (except the Q4 promo, thankfully). I called over the week of New Year and spoke to the manager on duty to inquire. Apparently they don't care if people switch hotels because they are supposedly 80% booked up with Diamonds each week, whereas most hotels only have 2% or so of their guests being Diamond members. I told her I was switching my next 8 reservations to another hotel unless they could give me a reason to stay. Guess what - I'm staying at the Embassy Suites by the airport now, and that Hilton gave up $8K in revenue. I couldn't forgo another promo just to stick with that property (even though I really liked the people there).
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cgottshall
I stayed at the Hilton Columbus at Easton every week from May to December in 2010 despite them opting out of other promotions (except the Q4 promo, thankfully). I called over the week of New Year and spoke to the manager on duty to inquire. Apparently they don't care if people switch hotels because they are supposedly 80% booked up with Diamonds each week, whereas most hotels only have 2% or so of their guests being Diamond members. I told her I was switching my next 8 reservations to another hotel unless they could give me a reason to stay. Guess what - I'm staying at the Embassy Suites by the airport now, and that Hilton gave up $8K in revenue. I couldn't forgo another promo just to stick with that property (even though I really liked the people there).
I just had a great experience with a hotel that isnt participating that bent over backwards to prove to me that my loyalty to their hotel matters. The Homewood Suites Bel Air, MD GM went to bat for me and while I'm not getting the promotion I am more than being taken care of IMHO while getting to stay at the hotel I really wanted to stay at all along.

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it does; but if you dont complain (logically) when you dont like something then you will never find out if a solution is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.