Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Availability of Exec rooms does not always mean that there is a lounge, some properties have rooms described as Exec but have no lounge, The Hilton Whistler for instance but I can think of others here in the UK.
The website shows an executive lounge with executive rooms.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
True, the description of types of accommodations on the website specifically states there is an Executive Lounge, which is not very typical for 2T's in general. It will be intriguing to see they decide to stock it.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:05 pm

Emailed the UK helpdesk but they couldn't tell me about the lounge. Got told to contact them again 18th Jan when they open
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Interesting it is quite convenient for Euston Station and has to be far better than the abomination that is the Hilton Euston.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I know this property opened recently and was curious if anyone had any insights. Thanks in advance for any information!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by dcmike
I know this property opened recently and was curious if anyone had any insights. Thanks in advance for any information!
I was due to stop on Wednesday. I passed the hotel on my way in to the office and the new flag was flying outside the building, a couple of temporary signs were up on the scaffolding and the front of the hotel looked like there was some major work going on around the entrance.

I tried calling the hotel for a couple of hour period in the early afternoon with no reply. In the end, the UK Hhonors call centre managed to get somebody from the hotel to call me and he sounded surprised I had a reservation and wasn't convinced they would be open. He called at 3:30pm (and 4pm is the cancellation cut off) promising a call back in 5 minutes to confirm they were fine for my reservation. At 3:55pm having heard nothing, I cancelled online and booked another Hilton hotel in town. He called at 4:05pm to tell me that of course they were open etc. Too late by then I'm afraid.

I can't comment on the inside of the hotel, but from the outside I'll personally avoid it for a few more weeks at least, if not longer thanks to pretty poor customer handling skills.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Thanks RAPC! Too bad about the poor customer service. Hopefully, it's just the kinks associated with being a new property.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:00 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Double Tree London West End--problems with booking

I am a Diamond member who booked on line at this property for a smoking room. Do no badger me over this preferance oK as as it was fully available at tme of booking and I even confirmed it with the Diamond Desk.

However when I arrived at check in, the smoking option was not avail even for a Diamond member. The hotel simply refused to furnish me with what had been confirmed twice in advance.

I called Hilton Diamond Desk and to date I have received no satisfaction from them. My reservation was clearly made and confirmed for my preferences.

As a result I was able to move to another Hitlon Property but at more than double the rate. I have asked for compensation as a result but Hilton is not being very cooperative so far.

Frankly I am not impressed at how Hilton treats its top teir members. I shall keep you posted on this saga.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:00 pm

Bump. Any update on this property? I am currently deciding between this location and the Hilton Trafalgar for a 2 night stay this weekend. The Hilton is about $100 per night more, so I am leaning towards the Doubletree.

I have a room with 2 twin beds reserved. This is unfortunate as according to the hotel's website there are no 2-bedded rooms on the executive floor. I guess this means I have no chance for an upgrade or EL access.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This might be a Hilton website issue - many properties allow or state they offer smoking rooms, but in fact do not. Even properties whose pages state "This hotel is a 100% smoke-free facility" will often allow you to book a smoking room, even if there is none.

If smoking is that important to you, contact the property in advance of booking to veirfy they will be able to offer you a smoker's room.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It obviously was and most properties with such policies will not allow you to book a smoking room. If they walked him because of this it really should have been at the same rate at the very least (as long as he had proof of his booking).
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: HH diamond
Agreed, you should not have been charged more at the second property than your original booking. Did you have a copy of your confirmation?

A lot of the Hilton properties in the UK are converting to non-smoking.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
I would count my blessings that I was walked. I had a horrid stay there on so many levels I wouldn't go back unless it was free.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:26 am

OP did not say he was "walked". If so, rate should have been the same. If he/she opted to move, caveat emptor.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by 7Continents
I would count my blessings that I was walked. I had a horrid stay there on so many levels I wouldn't go back unless it was free.
7Continents: Was it a bad stay at the Doubletree West End? I'm deciding between that property and the Trafalgar Hilton this weekend. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.