Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else used E-miles to earn points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level

I got an email from Hilton with a link to a site called E-miles. You get points for doing surveys.

I got 600 points within 20 min 200 for signing up and 400 for 6 surveys.

This is the email from Hilton

As a Hilton HHonors™ member, you are invited to join millions of travelers who are earning extra rewards for spending a few minutes of their time.

You can now earn HHonors bonus points by participating in e‑Miles.

To respond to this invitation and learn about e-Miles, click here.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
My wife and I have used emiles with Continental. I've received a variety of invites from everyone including Hilton to join. It's worked out ok. We pick up 500 miles 3-4 times a year.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:15 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yes. It's slow going to get to the threshold to get HHonors points. It isn't just surveys. Sometimes you have to watch a commercial, or you'll only get the points for agreeing to get spammed with someone's newsletter.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I do but it takes a long time to get 500 miles (1000 hilton points). And unlike e-rewards with emiles you can only use it with that partner.

What I would recomend doing is just setting up a yahoo account or similar free account for that because like another poster said you will have to sign up for a bunch of spam with the sponsors to accumulate anything. I have a yahoo account that I use just for spam, when I have to give out an email for a contest, etc and know it will result in spam, I give them that address and that is what I use with e-miles.

I buy the entertainment book every year and got a great deal with it last year and got hilton points but make sure to read ALL the fine print when giving out a credit card. I got an offer for food and wines 2010 cocktail book that I have been wanting earlier this week for $4.99 and when I read the fine print you were agree to sign up for some kind of club similar to the old columbia house record club, where up to five times a year they could send you and offer and you had to return the card and if you didn't you authorized your credit card to get charged.

I also know someone that signed up for an autobill on a charity (I think it was the ASPCA) they supported monthly and they found out it was third party doing the billing and the charity wasn't getting the full amount and they also had to go through a lot of work to cancel the autobill.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have used it, but I find it takes forever to get points, since most of my offers are for 5 miles each unless you buy or sign up for something. Also, it took a while (days) for the points to post on HHonors when I transferred them. I prefer e-rewards as it provides quicker point accumulation and the points post instantly when you transfer to Hhonors.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by fligster
I have used it, but I find it takes forever to get points, since most of my offers are for 5 miles each unless you buy or sign up for something. Also, it took a while (days) for the points to post on HHonors when I transferred them. I prefer e-rewards as it provides quicker point accumulation and the points post instantly when you transfer to Hhonors.
E-rewards do post instantly, the only problem I have is sometimes I will get a few really good earning oppotunities and you can only transfer $100 every 90 days with hilton. I never stay at priority club, but you can do unlimited transfers with them, I like to transfer to prioirty club if I have a bunch of $ and then buy southwest credits with the PC points.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
I also use both eRewards and e-Miles. I use the resulting rewards to either boost Hilton balance (eRewards), or to generate activity in my lesser-used airline programs (e-Miles = Continental, eRewards = whatever is needed).
With both programs, you will receive an email saying that a new offer is available to view; and with both programs, the offer is time-limited. Many times they will expire before I get to them. (hey, if it's only worth 5 cents, I usually have better things to do with my time)
Also note that with one of them, the points have an expiration as well, so you need to 'export' them to your program of choice before that occurs.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAmainbird
I also use both eRewards and e-Miles. I use the resulting rewards to either boost Hilton balance (eRewards), or to generate activity in my lesser-used airline programs (e-Miles = Continental, eRewards = whatever is needed).
With both programs, you will receive an email saying that a new offer is available to view; and with both programs, the offer is time-limited. Many times they will expire before I get to them. (hey, if it's only worth 5 cents, I usually have better things to do with my time)
Also note that with one of them, the points have an expiration as well, so you need to 'export' them to your program of choice before that occurs.
E-rewards do expire. I believe it's every 12/31, but every year I always get an email saying they will roll over.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:23 pm

I tried your "click here" it no longer works. How do I join this program? I already belong to e-rewards and continental's e-miles, but I was told there is another e-miles. Is the one you refer to from Hilton, another e-miles program? Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahvolare
I tried your "click here" it no longer works. How do I join this program? I already belong to e-rewards and continental's e-miles, but I was told there is another e-miles. Is the one you refer to from Hilton, another e-miles program? Thanks!
E-rewards requires a invitation. While it is against the T&C to do this, I do know people who have multiple e-miles accounts. They just use a different email address for each partner. IMO, emiles isn't worth it. You get too much spam. I think e-rewards is a lot better
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
E-rewards requires a invitation. While it is against the T&C to do this, I do know people who have multiple e-miles accounts. They just use a different email address for each partner. IMO, emiles isn't worth it. You get too much spam. I think e-rewards is a lot better
Emiles is fairly worthless. You have to click through a lot of things to get minimal points/miles - and recently they are sending out a lot of offers where you don't even get the click through points. We have 3 accounts and each of those accounts had 5-6 offers today - none had click through points! eRewards is much better - I just converted for 7,000 Hilton points this week - the third time in less than 12 months. Ten more like that and I'll have enough for a cheap "Premium" award room....
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by bj2757
eRewards is much better - I just converted for 7,000 Hilton points this week - the third time in less than 12 months. Ten more like that and I'll have enough for a cheap "Premium" award room....
+1

I use E-rewards --- and get about 20,000 Hilton points per year from it.

Not a lot, but compared to some airlines Hilton points are easy to use and as most users of this part of FT know, stays on points are elite qualifying.

Note that there's a limit on how often you can do the conversion.

Bob H.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Emiles is fairly worthless. You have to click through a lot of things to get minimal points/miles - and recently they are sending out a lot of offers where you don't even get the click through points. We have 3 accounts and each of those accounts had 5-6 offers today - none had click through points! eRewards is much better - I just converted for 7,000 Hilton points this week - the third time in less than 12 months. Ten more like that and I'll have enough for a cheap "Premium" award room....
The 7k points for $100 is a great deal on e-rewards. I wish it wasn't limited to one redemption every 90 days though. I like how it's surveys instead of advertistising for mostly charities and insurance companies like emiles i.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
I have both and have gotten more miles from e-miles than from e-Rewards. For some unknown reason I get VERY FEW emails from e-Rewards offering me surveys to complete.

I used to get a lot of offers from e-miles but haven't receive ANY since very early February. I wrote customer service and got some nonsense response that I'm not getting offers because of my account settings. Well they're set for maximum emails, no limit on number of offers, high or moderate interest on almost every category. No real sense as to why I haven't receive even 1 email offer in over a month.

Anyone else seem to fall off the map?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
MojaveJack,

I have an account with both sites, and have experienced the same trend as you. I got a few offers in early February and I think I've gotten 1 short survey since. Like you, I have liberal account settings (I'm interested in everything). My assumption is our opinions just don't matter right now.

It's weird because I got 2 telephone surveys today for unrelated issues. Sadly, they don't give me hotel points.

Hopefully we get some surveys soon. Ultimately, the surveys are just a method to earn some extra points and am not too upset about the lack of opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.