Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Quarter 2010 Honors Promo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Fourth Quarter 2010 Honors Promo

Hey all you point grubbers (a good thing)

I just got word of the 2010 4th Quarter promotion and it is absolutely EPIC!!!
Drum roll please……………….. October 12 - December 30, earn double base points on all stays and QUADRUPLE base points on all stays that include a Sunday. For a guy who lives at the Hilton TLV, I'm stoked. Best promo to date hands down.

No word on if there will still be a 100K Point cap. If that's the case, I will be checking out every 6 days for this 2 month stay.

Fine print to come. Keep rackin up those points!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA, DL
sweet! any idea whether it will apply on reservations already booked? Or will it be only on new reservations post-promo announcement. If there is no word, what does Hilton normally do?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Seeing I have no stays with a sunday night stay for Q4, the Q3 promo is better for me since I prefer double airline miles.

It is still a good deal though, especially with the free night certificate for every 10 paid nights through the end of the year.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BA_HHonors_Focal

Drum roll please……………….. October 12 - December 30, earn double base points on all stays and QUADRUPLE base points on all stays that include a Sunday. For a guy who lives at the Hilton TLV, I'm stoked. Best promo to date hands down.

No word on if there will still be a 100K Point cap. If that's the case, I will be checking out every 6 days for this 2 month stay.

October 12th?

Nothing like skipping the first two Sundays for a promo that rewards you for staying Sunday night.

How bizarre.

I liked last year's 4 stay/25k bonus better.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by ClassCAir
sweet! any idea whether it will apply on reservations already booked? Or will it be only on new reservations post-promo announcement. If there is no word, what does Hilton normally do?
I too am curious of already booked stays will count. Anyone know what the norm is with Hilton?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by DAS02135
I too am curious of already booked stays will count. Anyone know what the norm is with Hilton?
If not, just cancel and rebook.

As to the promo, I like the double points, and the quadrouple is nice -- but I never have to be anywhere on a Sunday night!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Hoping this info is correct as this will be the first promotion for any of the hotel chains that we will be able to take advantage of. Sounds like an excellent opportunity to make out like bandits.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
October 12th?

Nothing like skipping the first two Sundays for a promo that rewards you for staying Sunday night.

How bizarre.

I liked last year's 4 stay/25k bonus better.
I guess they're being picky about Columbus Day (USA)/Thanksgiving (Canada)

From past experience, previous bookings that otherwise qualify have been okay as long as you're registered for a promotion at check-in.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
From past experience, previous bookings that otherwise qualify have been okay as long as you're registered for a promotion at check-in.
What about a stay that starts before the promo start date, but runs well into the promo period? Will those nights within the promo period count?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by neech7
What about a stay that starts before the promo start date, but runs well into the promo period? Will those nights within the promo period count?
Unfortunately not. Their usual T&C state that the stay must start and finish within the dates of the promo period.

Last edited by MikeTaylor; Oct 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond

Wow I relly hope this is true. I have a 4 night stay coming up in Berlin starting on a Sunday. If this is true it means earning 59 points per dollar. I will earn 51,000 points for my 4 night stay. HH is really making me happy agian with all the free nights and now this. Sing Hallelujah
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Originally Posted by MikeTaylor
Unfortunately not. Their usual T&S state that the stay must start and finish within the dates of the promo period.
Son of a *beep*! I have a stay starting on the 11th!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
October 12 - December 30
If you hadn't learned from the last two quarters' promos, you know now - NEVER BOOK HH THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF THE QUARTER

Be sure to schedule those Jan 1-14 stays at SPG/Marriott etc
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by MikeTaylor
Unfortunately not. Their usual T&C state that the stay must start and finish within the dates of the promo period.
Thanks. Looks like I need to split the stay into two reservations. They won't crack down on that, would they?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by neech7
Thanks. Looks like I need to split the stay into two reservations. They won't crack down on that, would they?
I'd like to hear if anyone has done this and had luck breaking them up into 2 reservations while staying at the same hotel. I'm thinking you would have to move to another Hilton property for it to count for the promo.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.