Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:13 pm

Stayed at the Rosemont property last night and had a very nice experience. Inquired about upgrades for Diamonds and was put in a suite with nice runway views. Walked to the Fashion Outlets for dinner in the food court. Pool on the top floor was certainly a unique layout, but pretty cool for watching evening departures while relaxing. The room was comfortable and the bed was great for sleeping. Breakfast started punctually at 6 AM, which was greatly appreciated as I had an 8:30 flight, and was a nice spread including an omelet station, chilaquiles, smoked fish, and some of the best croissants and pain au chocolat I've had in the US. The shuttle came exactly as scheduled, to the minute, and observing the driver slice his way through Monday morning terminal traffic at ORD was like watching a master artist at work. What more is there to ask for in an airport hotel?!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am back here at the Hilton Rosemont O'Hare and I just have to reiterate it really is a nice airport hotel and flat out a nice Hilton property. This time I booked a junior suite which has a nice spacious feel to it and well appointed. It also comes with a small microwave, which I appreciate. Full breakfast buffet is good with lots of options and good staff.

The digital key is such a godsend when you have a late night arrival after lots of delays and coming with a fair number of other travelers at the same time. You do have the next morning get your water and voucher, but you are walking by the desk anyway to get to breakfast.

What is tough is waiting for the shuttle after a long day when you are looking at the front entrance of the Hilton O'Hare a few feet away....

Last edited by Miesque; Jul 1, 2017 at 7:52 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has stayed here recently. I am considering the Hilton or the Doubletree for three nights. I need to be near the convention center. Any reason to be pick one over the other?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:43 pm

I cant do the head to head comparison that you are looking for, but my experience at the Hilton has been very good, controlling for reasonable expectations (suburban airport/convention hotel, so not some world class destination property).
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has stayed here recently. I am considering the Hilton or the Doubletree for three nights. I need to be near the convention center. Any reason to be pick one over the other?
I haven't stayed at the Doubletree yet, but I have used the Hilton, and it's a reasonably good and professionally run property. I would stay there again, but if the DT was somewhat cheaper I would go there instead. The shuttle - which operates to both hotels - runs every 20 minutes from the airport bus station, following signs for the hotel and motel buses, then door 3. Both hotels are over the road from the Convention Center, the Doubletree slightly closer but there's nothing in it really. The Hilton is nearer to the metro station, 5 minutes walk.

I don't think I've stayed there when there was anything on at the Center, so the place was a bit desolate at night, there aren't many shops around there other than a set of fashion outlets. I stay there purely as an airport hotel with good transport options (ie the metro into Chicago). There are some chain restaurants by the cinema, notably a Brazilian steakhouse, and a Morton's at the back of the Hilton.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I haven't stayed at the Doubletree yet, but I have used the Hilton, and it's a reasonably good and professionally run property. I would stay there again, but if the DT was somewhat cheaper I would go there instead. The shuttle - which operates to both hotels - runs every 20 minutes from the airport bus station, following signs for the hotel and motel buses, then door 3. Both hotels are over the road from the Convention Center, the Doubletree slightly closer but there's nothing in it really. The Hilton is nearer to the metro station, 5 minutes walk.

I don't think I've stayed there when there was anything on at the Center, so the place was a bit desolate at night, there aren't many shops around there other than a set of fashion outlets. I stay there purely as an airport hotel with good transport options (ie the metro into Chicago). There are some chain restaurants by the cinema, notably a Brazilian steakhouse, and a Morton's at the back of the Hilton.
Thank you for the response. I guess I will decide based on price.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just got back from a one night stay and its still a predictably good stay. The only change to the negative is I was only offered Continental breakfast with I believe a $7 upcharge for the hot items (including made to order omelette and eggs) as a Diamond vs full breakfast previously which was disappointing. They have an above average selection for the cold items so it was sufficient. Incidentally, the airport shuttle (which covers the Hilton, Embassy Suites and Doubltree) is every 20 minutes
Old May 5, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Had a nice stay here last week. Was upgraded, via the messenger service on the app, to a junior suite, which was very nice. Room was large, clean. Bed was comfortable. The restaurant is closed, at least for breakfast, and the Diamond benefit is a boxed breakfast and coffee at Starbucks...not great, but I give them a pandemic pass (I just wish this had been disclosed somewhere ahead of time). They seem to be taking covid seriously and taking the necessary precautions. I was a little troubled by the shuttle bus service...it's no longer a shared shuttle with the ES and DT, but their own; it took forever to arrive; it is only available a few hours a day; and it was absolutely full, which seemed a little dicey during the pandemic (but no worse than my flights).
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Let me do a 180 from my previous post. I stayed there again this week; this time the ONLY good thing was the airport shuttle--prompt and courteous. Advance check-in didn't work, so i had to wait to check at 8 pm, when I just wanted to go crash; desk clerk was neither courteous or helpful. The room type I reserved was not available, no apology or explanation and certainly no upgrade!. The TV in my room was probably 20 years old and did not support plugging in my laptop (which i often do for work, using it as a monitor, and sometimes for pleasure, watching movies and stuff--the "input" control was disabled); I called downstairs about this and was referred to an engineer who told me he's gotten this complaint "hundreds of times" but there's nothing he can do. The room rate was in the $250 ballpark...I get it, but really, if you're going to jack up the prices, deliver service! The other HIlton properties near O'hare are nothing to write home about...the Hyatt Regency is ok, probably will go back there next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.