Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

25K Bonus Points for Every 10 nights by 12/31/10 - Targeted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K Bonus Points for Every 10 nights by 12/31/10 - Targeted

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Amazing service from the Diamond Desk via email: replied confirming enrollment in the 10/1 free night promotion on Sunday! They basically said: 'it's targeted but hey, we signed you up.'

Jim
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: HHonors, A'Club, SPG, Marriott, Priority Club, Hyatt, UA mileage Plus, Miles & More, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by NYC@LAX
I was targeted for the free night after 10 nights stay...I think is great. If you are on the double bonus points through 9/30, you can rack up on both points and stays. My last stay was at the DT Berkeley Marina in the Bay Area 4 nights and racked up 29,800 points and 4 nights towards the 10 night promo.....At that rate I guestimate in 10 days, 74,500 points and a free night certificate, not a bad deal.
Reading T&C ot the promotion I understood The ten nights need not be consecutive.. So I suppose your 4 nights stay at the DT Berkeley Marina counts only as one night, unless I am missing something....
Anyway I hope to be wrong because in september I will be in the same situation with a couple of 4 nights stays in a single hotel.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Supersonic Flyer
Reading T&C ot the promotion I understood The ten nights need not be consecutive.. So I suppose your 4 nights stay at the DT Berkeley Marina counts only as one night, unless I am missing something....
No, they would count as 4 nights. By the 10 nights not needing to be consecutive, it just means you don't need to make a 10 night stay in one go. You could do 10 nights via 10 x 1 night stays, 4 nights + 6 nights etc.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
I called the UK call centre on Friday and was told there was no promotion that I was eligible, even when explaining the promotion.

I figured I would try the US DD instead today and was enrolled for the free nights promo without any problem. Even if I only come out with one night, I'll take it happily.
Let me know how you get on.

Has anyone else in the UK managed to get signed up?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Originally Posted by feeona123
Let me know how you get on.

Has anyone else in the UK managed to get signed up?
I am surprised you are having problems in the UK. I called the German CS which is the same as the UK CS (with German speaking agents) and did not have any problems. She even let me chose if I wanted the free night or 25k. Maybe it helped that I already requalified for Diamond all three ways but if you have enough stays I'd just give it another shot and call again.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I sent an email last Thursday to the Hilton website address, turned down; sorry/targeted; offer of 2500 bonus points for my next stay. After reading these posts I called the DD they were great, let me choose free night/25k; hopefully I'll get both.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I sent an email last Thursday to the Hilton website address, turned down; sorry/targeted; offer of 2500 bonus points for my next stay. After reading these posts I called the DD they were great, let me choose free night/25k; hopefully I'll get both.

I called the DD this morning and the minute I said to the lady that I never get targeted, she said "which one do you want, the free nights or 25k points" and within 30 seconds I was signed up for the promotion.

She told me that she had heard internally that most targeted promos are computer generated with names selected RANDOMLY without any basis of how many points you accrue or use during any given time period. Almost like a slot machine, I guess..

Anyway, just wanted to point out that it took a whopping 2 minutes of my time this morning and a very nice DD lady to sign me up for the promo. With the travel I have left for this year, that will be an extra 100k points easily. Nice!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: Cattle Class
The way they count

Initially posted in a wrong thread but here it is.

Just be aware on the way they count qualifying nights.
Let's say you have 3 stays:
1 - 7 Nights
2- 7 Nights
3 - 6 Nights.
You will get only one cert. or 25k points.
This is how they will count
7 nights
7 nights
- Qualified and 1 cert./ 25k points issued.
!!! RESET - 4 qualifying nights will not be carried over
Then after your last stay you will have 1 cert/25k points and 6 qualifying nights towards the next cert/points.
Even you stayed 20 nights with them you will still be short by 4 nights for the second cert. / 25k points.

I had one cert missing from Q1 promotion and they explained me that I didn't qualify even I had 30 nights with them during Q1.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
My next stay is 4 nights but for 2 rooms. Does it count to be 8 nights? I know it is 1 stay but how do they count the nights?

I am new to Diamond, this Diamond desk is available only in USA? I tried to book a nice reward stay yesterday and was told to contact DD?? Then I was given a US number and outside of US regular Hhonors call centers. Can I call them from Europe? I dont want to deal with the regular customer service anymore.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Wadge
Can I call them from Europe? I dont want to deal with the regular customer service anymore.
If you want you can call them directly to their US 1800 number (calls from Skype are free of charge to 1800/18XX numbers).
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 2P; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Called the DD and was questioned how I learnt about the promo. I was also informed that it was targeted but would let me sign up and gave me free nights or bonus points options to choose from. All in all took about 2 minutes...
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Kind of a no brainer as to which promo you would like I don't know of any hilton that is 25K points a night to stay at. Only way I see the 25K points being a better offer is if you aren't planning on burning any points during the period the certificate is good for.

When do the free night certificates have to be redeemed by?

Never mind, got my answer: "The free night certificate is valid for one year after date of issuance at all participating hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. "
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC*E, HH Diamond
It took two calls for me. The first call I was informed it was targeted and the second stated that my preferences under my HH profile had disabled the email on HH promotions option and this was the reason why I did not get the promotion email. all signed up.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Originally Posted by Awtas
Initially posted in a wrong thread but here it is.

Just be aware on the way they count qualifying nights.
Let's say you have 3 stays:
1 - 7 Nights
2- 7 Nights
3 - 6 Nights.
You will get only one cert. or 25k points.
This is how they will count
7 nights
7 nights
- Qualified and 1 cert./ 25k points issued.
!!! RESET - 4 qualifying nights will not be carried over
Then after your last stay you will have 1 cert/25k points and 6 qualifying nights towards the next cert/points.
Even you stayed 20 nights with them you will still be short by 4 nights for the second cert. / 25k points.

I had one cert missing from Q1 promotion and they explained me that I didn't qualify even I had 30 nights with them during Q1.
Are you sure about that??? That's not how the Q1 and Q2 promos worked for me. The reset was done after 10 nights back then. No matter if I checked out or not. I usually have 3 or 4 night stays and 3 four night stays were one q3fn + 2 nights during the Q1 and Q2 promo.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by flo0816
Are you sure about that??? That's not how the Q1 and Q2 promos worked for me. The reset was done after 10 nights back then. No matter if I checked out or not. I usually have 3 or 4 night stays and 3 four night stays were one q3fn + 2 nights during the Q1 and Q2 promo.
This is what I was told by 3 CRs and 2 CR managers. However when I asked to show me this flow/logic in their rules and they just sent me a 1free night cert.
But as I said, I was told that by 5 different HH representatives.
Maybe you just got lucky with 3/4 night stays and it always was a good match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.