Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Post Easier than 10 nights for 1 free

Well my 2 cents are that there are other programs that are easier to get a Free Night than having to stay 10 nights. Still if you are a HH member, you are adding points while you work towards the first 10 nights and Hilton hotels worldwide are pretty nice overall.

Now if you like SPG, I totally understand that as they have a great set of Hotels. Same goes for Marriott.

The most agressive program right now is Choice Hotels with their 1 + 1 = FREE Promo. Stay two nights and get one night free. That to me is a heck of a lock quicker way to earn Free Nights but you have to give up Quality.

It really all gets down to what your goal is now doesn't it.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:09 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
The most agressive program right now is Choice Hotels with their 1 + 1 = FREE Promo. Stay two nights and get one night free. That to me is a heck of a lock quicker way to earn Free Nights but you have to give up Quality.
You don't have to give up Quality, they're part of Choice Privileges.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:58 pm

and

And I find COMFORT in that Beckles. LOL....

Originally Posted by Beckles
You don't have to give up Quality, they're part of Choice Privileges.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:19 pm

And I find COMFORT in that Beckles. LOL....
I hope that let's you SLEEP INN the morning.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Well my 2 cents are that there are other programs that are easier to get a Free Night than having to stay 10 nights. Still if you are a HH member, you are adding points while you work towards the first 10 nights and Hilton hotels worldwide are pretty nice overall.
I believe it is either 10 nights or double points. Double points are worth more then the cert. Especially if you stay at the high price hotels/ cities.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by troyintn
I believe it is either 10 nights or double points. Double points are worth more then the cert. Especially if you stay at the high price hotels/ cities.
for the purpose of this promo i would definitely go with the double points....
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:23 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan
When should we expect this promo to go up, including the list of participating properties?

Do I read this correctly that a diamond paying to stay at any Hilton Family Property (e.g., Waldorf Astoria, DoubleTree) using Surpass would get 34HH/$ spent?

39 = 10 base + 10 promo + 5 double dip + 5 diamond + 9 surpass.

Just checking my math as I am new to these programs.
39 points per $ looks right to me. That AMEX Surpass credit card sure gives a boost.

Looks like you need 10 nights at $128 per night as Diamond with Surpass card to get 50,000 points with double points v. one free night at 10 nights.

Without HHonors credit card you need average $167 per night for 10 nights with double points as diamond (30 points per $ for Points & Points earner) to get 50,000 points.

And if Blue member with no elite, it takes average $200 per night for 10 nights to get 50,000 points. The free night option after 10 nights looks like a better bet for the HHonors newbie who could also earn Silver elite after 4 stays or 10 nights.

Just find hotels averaging under $100 per night and getting a free $200 to $300 room and status is a decent, but not great, rebate for 10 nights.

I have to agree that Hilton HHonors has put together a string of three decent promotions after such a long period of years with tepid offers for members.

The miles promotions look more interesting to me.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Rather simple math for me. I already have the 3 nights from this quarter (though still waiting for the 3rd to post) and I don't know that I would be able to use up additional free nights by next year. It would be easier if you could gift them, but I don't think you can. So it will be double points for me.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by satori
39 points per $ looks right to me. That AMEX Surpass credit card sure gives a boost.

Looks like you need 10 nights at $128 per night as Diamond with Surpass card to get 50,000 points with double points v. one free night at 10 nights.

Without HHonors credit card you need average $167 per night for 10 nights with double points as diamond (30 points per $ for Points & Points earner) to get 50,000 points.

And if Blue member with no elite, it takes average $200 per night for 10 nights to get 50,000 points. The free night option after 10 nights looks like a better bet for the HHonors newbie who could also earn Silver elite after 4 stays or 10 nights.
I think your analysis is flawed, because if you choose to take the free night option you still earn the base points. For example, as a Diamond using the 10 nights @ $128 you used, you would either earn 50,000 points total taking double points or you would earn 37,200 points plus a free night. I think the free night certificate is worth the 12,800 double points you give up. Note, you also didn't inlclude the 500 point/stay online booking bonus for HHonors AMEX card members.

One disadvantage of the free night promotion is that with an increment of 10 nights there is a good chance you might waste a lot of nights towards the promotion (e.g., 18 nights would be one free night with 8 of them "wasted"). Since my average room rate is in the $100 range, the free night is the way to go for me, unless I don't think I will have even 10 nights, which is actually possible depending on the other promotions available.

The big wildcard you alluded to is the mileage offers, in particular the BA offer. If you can get a free night + 50,000 BA miles + regular HHonors point earnings for 10 one-night stays that would be a killer value in my opinion.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Member

I
The big wildcard you alluded to is the mileage offers, in particular the BA offer. If you can get a free night + 50,000 BA miles + regular HHonors point earnings for 10 one-night stays that would be a killer value in my opinion.
I can't see the BA offer being 5k PER stay - has not happened before to my knowledge. More likely, you will earn bonus miles up to 5k in total.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by saad
so basically you are saying that hyatt is a honda accord & hilton is a mercedes????& your primary reason for this is because there are more hilton properties????

this has got to be one of the weirdest comparisons i have come across in a long time....

& even spg usually does a stay 2, get one free promo....which car company are they????
I would say that overall Hilton is a much higher end property than Hyatt. I tend to stay only at Waldorf or full service hilton at a minimum. They seem to always be better than Hyatt.
I still stand by the ultra high end Hilton properties like Maldives and Bora Bora as CLEARLY surpassing anything Hyatt and those are the type places I want to blow my points
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: HH diamond
If this promo is as billed, I'll be racking up a lot of points w/the double points offer. Don't have a lot of nights in the 2nd quarter but the several I do are more expensive properties. Now if they will only roll registration out soon or make it retroactive to April 1. I have a few stays in the beginning of April.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:07 am

Thumbs up Roadway

And I will be able to SLEEP INN as long as I am not close to the ROADWAY.

I hope that let's you SLEEP INN the morning.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by snapper6768
I would say that overall Hilton is a much higher end property than Hyatt. I tend to stay only at Waldorf or full service hilton at a minimum. They seem to always be better than Hyatt.
I still stand by the ultra high end Hilton properties like Maldives and Bora Bora as CLEARLY surpassing anything Hyatt and those are the type places I want to blow my points
i don't stay at hyatt properties so i can't comment much here....although, in india there are some great hyatt properties & some very ordinary hilton ones....i guess it depends from place to place....
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:14 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
What promo was SPG running towards the end of '09 that was "miles ahead" of 25k HHonors points for every 4 stays?
Okay. Can you provide an example of three past promotions that any hotel program ran consecutively that were as lucrative?
Two things: I know I am very late into this discussion AND I am not going against you on this one. I have done the detailed comparison in a different thread.. These two posts says it all.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13462278-post113.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13467940-post116.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.