Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So they have decided to leave a 6 day window without promotions???
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:20 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hfly
Easter weekend, not exactly a random window.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:37 pm

I would assume that miles promos are combinable with the free nights or points as they have been in the past.

The BA miles offer is pretty sweet assuming you don't need more than two nights to qualify.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
BA offer of 5,000 bonus miles is great, esp if it does not require multi night stays. We will see if the offer remains the same upon registration. Sad to see BD bonus offer is not included.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by davef139
APril 6th is an odd start time as it is a Tues, just looked I have a booking for the 2nd to the 5th ugh
Easter this year is April 2nd - April 5th. April 6 avoids all that.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Beckles
Your claim that "with SPG there is no limit to how much you get during their promos" is just wrong, they have had promotions in the past with limits, and I have little doubt they will have promotions in the future with such limits. While there may not have been an explicit limit in the rules on the double nights/advance nights promotion, there was a practical limit, and for some loyal members that practical limit was zero (e.g., a Platinum member who had already earned Platinum in '09 and would stay enough in '10 to earn Platinum without the promotion, they received zero benefit from that promotion). As I recall they also had up to 1,000 SPG points/stay promotion, so in combination I can see how their promotions were valuable, but I just don't see how they were "miles ahead" of the Hilton promotion.
maybe i could have phrased it better....there is usually no limit to how much you can earn with spg....there were no limits to all their promos last year (except for the 1 free weekend night in asia in q3, but then again it was at a time when there were other promos on as well) but all of hiltons promos last year were capped....

i still maintain spg's promo in the last quarter was better than hiltons....a lot of people managed to qualify for plat thanks to the promo & a lot of them will qualify this year as well thanks to advanced night....not everyone travels as much as some of us do....& as you rightly said they even had a points promo going on at the same time....

i was fairly happy with hilton's promo in q4 but the one coming up next quarter is nothing to write home about....one free night certificate after 10 nights is a joke....& as for the double points part, this promo won't work for people who stay at low end inexpensive properties....

finally, i agree that one promo might look good to me while another one looks good to you....but on the whole, spg was way ahead of hilton last year & has a better promo this quarter as well....let see what spg comes up with for the next quarter....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by hfly
Pretty standard for HH, they always seem to start 'quarterly' promos on about the 7th of the month... even for Q1 this year they originally gave a start data of about the 8th. It's a right bugger when you do stays at the start of the quarter.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by saad
maybe i could have phrased it better....there is usually no limit to how much you can earn with spg....
Except when there is ... which is not uncommon in SPG promos in the past, though last year it was less common, but that doesn't mean they won't make a comeback in the future.
there were no limits to all their promos last year (except for the 1 free weekend night in asia in q3, but then again it was at a time when there were other promos on as well)
Okay, so no limits, except for the one with a limit. REGARDLESS, you are ignoring my point that in reality the double nights promotion was capped because after a certain point there is no additional value conveyed to the member for additional nights. Adding 2 instead of 1 to a nights total over 50 had zero value to the member.
but all of hiltons promos last year were capped....
Except for the ones that weren't, like the myriad of bonus mileage promotions and the double points option on the Q4 promotion.

So, to sum up, SPG never has caps, except when they do, and Hilton always has caps, except when they don't, so SPG is better.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Except when there is ... which is not uncommon in SPG promos in the past, though last year it was less common, but that doesn't mean they won't make a comeback in the future.
talk to me when they make a comeback....as of the last many quarters there has been no cap on spg but there has been on every single hh promo....

Okay, so no limits, except for the one with a limit. REGARDLESS, you are ignoring my point that in reality the double nights promotion was capped because after a certain point there is no additional value conveyed to the member for additional nights. Adding 2 instead of 1 to a nights total over 50 had zero value to the member.
if may have been capped but it was in addition to the points promo where there was no cap....i think you seem to forget that the nights advance was targeted towards plats, the double count was targeted towards gold, the free weekend asia night was targeted for asia....the promo that was open to all was the points promo where once again there was NO CAP....

Except for the ones that weren't, like the myriad of bonus mileage promotions and the double points option on the Q4 promotion.
don't count those as the main promo....those are not the quarterly ones offered by hilton....in that event even spg had a lot of bonus mileage & bones points promotions running throughout the year....again with no cap....

So, to sum up, SPG never has caps, except when they do, and Hilton always has caps, except when they don't, so SPG is better.
so to sum it up, spg has not had caps over their main promos for the last many quarters (the caps were only for the additional promos), & hilton always has caps over their main promos....THEREFORE SPG IS BETTER....

i'm glad i could sort that out for you....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kats
BA offer of 5,000 bonus miles is great, esp if it does not require multi night stays. We will see if the offer remains the same upon registration. Sad to see BD bonus offer is not included.
Agreed about the BA offer. 25K BA miles can be used for a U.S. domestic round-trip on AA.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
why don't we just wait for SPG's promo so we can quit the pissing contest and compare them, THEN
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gleff
Hmm.. when Hyatt runs something like this, it's a free night every 2 stays. When Hilton does it...
I love comparisons like this. So funny. The only problem with the comparison is that you actually have to stay at a Hyatt to earn the award and then the award is at a Hyatt.

Hilton properties > Hyatt Properties

This is like saying rent a Honda Accord three times and get a free rental of a Honda accord vs, rent a Mercedes 10 times and get a Mercedes rental free.

You are comparing apples to bowling balls when putting Hyatt up against Hilton, especially at the ultra high end resorts
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Does anyone have a quick link to this? I can't seem to find it.

Scott
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by flyboy_421
Does anyone have a quick link to this? I can't seem to find it.

Scott
The thing about insider information is that they don't have quick links!
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snapper6768
I love comparisons like this. So funny. The only problem with the comparison is that you actually have to stay at a Hyatt to earn the award and then the award is at a Hyatt.

Hilton properties > Hyatt Properties

This is like saying rent a Honda Accord three times and get a free rental of a Honda accord vs, rent a Mercedes 10 times and get a Mercedes rental free.

You are comparing apples to bowling balls when putting Hyatt up against Hilton, especially at the ultra high end resorts
so basically you are saying that hyatt is a honda accord & hilton is a mercedes????& your primary reason for this is because there are more hilton properties????

this has got to be one of the weirdest comparisons i have come across in a long time....

& even spg usually does a stay 2, get one free promo....which car company are they????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.