Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:44 am

Stayed at the Bonnet Creek this weekend. Let me start off by saying its a very nice hotel. We had a 7th floor removing overlooking the pool. We could see the Fireworks from Hollywood Studios from our window (at 8:00pm) We could also sort of see whatever movie they were playing at the Pool on Saturday night. We are a Gold Hilton member, and we got a $20 a night room credit instead of a free continental breakfast. I'm not exactly sure if we got a room upgrade, but short of a suite, our room was hard to beat. There is a Sushi restaurant in the hotel that is really good and from 5-7 is happy hour where drinks are cheaper (bringing them close to a normal price) as well as cheap sushi.

I do have few issues with the hotel though.

1. Parking. They charge $27 a night to park. This is absolutely no reason for this unless they are trying to deter folks from parking there and taking a shuttle to Disney. Even their Disney Springs Hotel 2 miles down the street only charges $18.
2. Drink Prices: Holy smokes, yes I know drinks at hotels are expensive but this was a little overboard. 2 Shots of Fireball cost $22 + tip, 2 Pina Colada's at the Pool bar cost $34 + tip.
3. Resort Fee: Short of the 2 bottles of water and the premium internet (which actually was horrible), we didn't use any other items that the resort fee included (10% off at the Spa, 1/2 off Kids breakfast, free gold club rental, free golf after 2pm.)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:03 pm

Has anyone stayed here more recently? I'm contemplating a stay towards the middle of the month and I'd love to hear how stays have been recently. Thank you!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Has anyone stayed here more recently? I'm contemplating a stay towards the middle of the month and I'd love to hear how stays have been recently. Thank you!
I’m also interested in any recent reports. Have a 10 day points stay in June and would like to plan for costs(!) Any updates to gold and diamond benefits?

Also - any gurus got views on asking for bigger or adjacent room? Travelling with a toddler and a baby and would be great for them to have their own space - but without paying the world for it.

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gcampbell

I’m also interested in any recent reports. Have a 10 day points stay in June and would like to plan for costs(!) Any updates to gold and diamond benefits?

Also - any gurus got views on asking for bigger or adjacent room? Travelling with a toddler and a baby and would be great for them to have their own space - but without paying the world for it.

Thanks
We were offered a connected second room at a steeply discounted rate. Just had to ask.
ConsultanSea likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by gcampbell

Thanks
I wound up staying at the Hilton Orlando (Destination Parkway) and thoroughly enjoyed the stay.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Just finished a great 5 night stay here over Xmas. Two rooms booked on points (5 for 4 and part of my Q4 "requal is in the bank" usage strategy ). Both rooms upgraded to Fireworks view on 12th floor, and both provided Diamond benefit of $20 in F&B credit per room per day. Diamond and Gold reduction in breakfast rates at Harvest Bistro as outlined above. Icing on the cake was a Gold/Diamond complimentary breakfast in La Luce from 12/27 forward (to 1/3 I believe), I presume to reduce crowding at Harvest Bistro during the holiday period. I thought taking this breakfast might result in a reduction in the daily F&B credit- they were monitoring/checking room numbers carefully at the door- but it didn't. Will be back again soon.
ConsultanSea likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:49 am

Hi all - does anyone know if the hotel has a Magic Band pick up location in it? We are not based in the US so they were not posted - we just have the emailed admission tickets.

Also - does the hotel have a general store for essentials like snacks, nappies, formula etc?

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by ConsultanSea
Hi all - does anyone know if the hotel has a Magic Band pick up location in it? We are not based in the US so they were not posted - we just have the emailed admission tickets.

Also - does the hotel have a general store for essentials like snacks, nappies, formula etc?

Thanks!
I believe Magic Bands are given to people who are staying at an actual Disney resort. There is a Disney store at the resort where you can buy a Magic Band, and then link your ticket to the band. As for snacks and formula, I think there's not a great selection at the Disney store and there are some expensive snacks at the coffee shop called Muse, but again, the selection is not all that great.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:01 pm

As mjw703 notes, Magic Bands are only given to guests staying at Disney Resorts or Annual Passholders. Here in the US, Annual Passholders have their Magic Bands mailed to them. I'm uncertain how that worked for international Passholders.

If you want to purchase one, there is the store that mjw703 mentions. According to the hotel website, it's open from 7am to 11pm daily. That said, you'll find a better selection of for-purchase Magic Bands at Disney Springs or any of the theme parks.

https://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/activities/disney

For anyone not staying at a Disney Resort, the Magic Band is only able to hold your admission tickets and Fast Passes. It does include charging privilege back to your hotel room account nor will it open your door. The only other function is that a tiny number of attractions have long range readers that sort of personalize the experience in a tiny way. For example, at the end of "It's a Small World", your name might appear on a video screen right before you exit the boat. It's buggy and not particularly engaging.

As an Annual Passholder who hasn't worn a watch in decades, I don't bother with Magic Bands. I find them annoying, especially when it gets really hot.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:01 pm

Hilton Bonnet Creek

Can anyone confirm if Hilton Dimond members receive a free breakfast? I am planning my first trip to Bonnet Creek in October.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by atlantaflyer1
Can anyone confirm if Hilton Dimond members receive a free breakfast? I am planning my first trip to Bonnet Creek in October.
If I remember correctly, the continental/cold buffet is free for Diamond members and 1 additional guest in the room. Kids under 5 eat free. The cold buffet was more-than-adequate, containing cold cuts, pastries, etc. I think it included oatmeal, too.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Does anyone have an email for this hotel. Would love to email to ask if I could get a second room discounted. We are staying during the December holidays, would be great if we got the La Luce breakfast like they did last year!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by shmom
Does anyone have an email for this hotel. Would love to email to ask if I could get a second room discounted. We are staying during the December holidays, would be great if we got the La Luce breakfast like they did last year!
We got our 2nd room discounted by calling in directly to the hotel. Don't let them pass you off to the corporate reservation call center. The on-site team was very outgoing and helpful setting up the reservation.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:26 pm

I just called in to the hotel front desk to book a second room and she said this was sometimes a promotional deal they do every now and then and it was usually only day of, not in advanced. Doesn't seem right from everything I have read online. Any pointers?

Edit: not only did they say the above but they also quoted me a good bit more than the online price ($205 vs $170 per night)
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by matt12j
I just called in to the hotel front desk to book a second room and she said this was sometimes a promotional deal they do every now and then and it was usually only day of, not in advanced. Doesn't seem right from everything I have read online. Any pointers?

Edit: not only did they say the above but they also quoted me a good bit more than the online price ($205 vs $170 per night)
For me, they gave me a decent deal (including some haggling) when I contacting them one or two days ahead of check in on the chat function. Note that the quote did not include tax, which might throw you if you’re not used to US pricing methods!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.