Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by snapper6768
For my own measurement tool, what Hiltons have you stayed at in the United States that you would consider Category 7's
Thinking about it, this could be a thread of its own.. Based on all of the devaluation and all...

The Hilton at Downtown Disney, the ES lake buena vista, DT-Downtown Disney, and the ES on I-Dive south are all coming up as Cat 6 hotels.

The Orlando Hilton at the convention center is a Cat 7. This seems to be a nice hotel, though I have not been able to stay there just yet. I have seen and heard good things about it. Is it a 7? compared to the other hotels at Cat 6.. perhaps.. is either this or the Bonnet Creek hilton worth 50,000 points? I have a little harder time with that one...

Reality is that the two Cat7 hotels listed here have had some pretty reasonable rates lately, making it even more silly to spend the points...

DO not get me wrong... I think the properties are nice, just may be having issues with the devaluation going on at Hilton....
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:49 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I can say that I just checked out of the Hilton Bonnet Creek this morning. I stayed on a Q3FN certificate.
Was the W-A not available? Just wondering why you'd stay at the Hilton over the W-A unless you really wanted that free breakfast.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Beckles
Was the W-A not available? Just wondering why you'd stay at the Hilton over the W-A unless you really wanted that free breakfast.
I would have preferred the WA, but I was on a Q3FN voucher and was told by reservations that I could not use that voucher at the WA. Others have claimed to be able to do so, but I was told no. I know that reward availability existed as I had considered that option...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Can anyone think of (or know of) a way to check if there's a convention at the hotel for a particular group of days? I don't imagine the reservation desk would offer up the info, but I suppose that's the best place to start. I found a site once a few years ago that lists conventions in regions, but now I can't find it. Have a reservation at Hilton Bonnet Creek for a combo regular rate/points week and sure don't want to be there during a massive convention. We've been to the Hilton Hawaiian Village several times and we love it without conventions, but when there's a huge convention there -- we have had the opposite experience. Thanks for any ideas.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sunday
Can anyone think of (or know of) a way to check if there's a convention at the hotel for a particular group of days? I don't imagine the reservation desk would offer up the info, but I suppose that's the best place to start. I found a site once a few years ago that lists conventions in regions, but now I can't find it. Have a reservation at Hilton Bonnet Creek for a combo regular rate/points week and sure don't want to be there during a massive convention. We've been to the Hilton Hawaiian Village several times and we love it without conventions, but when there's a huge convention there -- we have had the opposite experience. Thanks for any ideas.
Not a scientific approach, but the rates will tend to be much lower when they are not booked with conventions....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
I just booked our first vacation with the kids to Disney in November. I looked at all the options and chose the WA. I used the VIP certs and got us 2 rooms for 7 nights. One king room adjoining a room with 2 queens for the two kids. 525,000 points. You can use the Hilton pool. I'm really excited.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
I just booked our first vacation with the kids to Disney in November. I looked at all the options and chose the WA. I used the VIP certs and got us 2 rooms for 7 nights. One king room adjoining a room with 2 queens for the two kids. 525,000 points. You can use the Hilton pool. I'm really excited. I didn't see a thread specific to the WA Bonnet Creek so if no one starts one, I will in November!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:10 pm

A second Look and Honors Members Beware....

OK...

I just stayed there again on Fiday night... Let me say that things have changed a bit.

On this visit, I booked a "Grand Getaway Package" I chose this because the BAR rate was $139 for a Disney View King + parking and all. The package was $179 and included a Disney View Room, Valet Parking, and a $50 resort credit. Seemed like a much better value.

When booking, the website mentioned the usual upgrade options. (on my last visit, I booked a standard king and was upgraded to a Disney View King at check in) This time, it gave three options. The GOLD/DIAMOND upgrade was to a Waldorf King. Other upgrade options were a Hilton Suite or a Waldorf Suite.

Just prior to arriving at the hotel (I live 15 minutes away) I checked online to see if the Waldorf Kings were available and they were. I could not online checkin for some reason, so I had to do this at the property.

It appears that this hotel does not have an HHonors line at the desk. The kiosk would not check me in and give an upgrade, so I waited in line to check in. Upon inquiring about the upgrade, I was told that both hotels were full. This is odd because both hotels still have availability on line for king rooms. Front desk was not helpful and seemed to be full of excuses and programed responses. Speaking with a supervisor was a waste of time as I got the same lies. Once in the room, I even verified with the 800 number that king rooms were still available at both properties....

I chose to self park as opposed to valet for convenience. No waiting for the car to brought around. The key system to access the garage is not working properly. We swiped many times and ended up just taking the ticket to get in and using the intercom to exit... If this persists, it could be really easy to stay and not pay for parking.

While, we were not upgraded, we did get room 1701. This is a standard Disney View King, but it is at the end of the hall affording one of the better views of Disney property. You could see EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. Not a bad room, but not the upgrade that I would have hoped for...

If you go right outside the room, you have a window at the end of the hall that affords a good view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

The pool area was nice. It is odd that it closes at 10 PM, so you do not get to enjoy it after the parks.

Breakfast was a nightmare. After the debate the night before over the upgrade, I was reluctant to take the breakfast coupons, but did since it was a good breakfast on my last visit. NOT THIS TIME...

The restaurant was absolutely slammed. We went down on a couple of occasions and encountered a minimum 30 minute wait. We finally came back around 10:45, just before breakfast ended at 11 and were still told that the wait was 25 minutes. The restaurnat was not full, but it appeared that they had very limited staff to handle the crowd.

I turned the breakfast coupons into the SAME front desk clerk who checked me in. He agreed to give me the 1000 HH points.. Time will tell to see if this happens.. I see a battle to get these since it was done the second day...

We had breakfast in the coffee shop using up the remaining credit on the package deal. The coffee shop had extra staff that just kind of hung around. The pastries are good and my partner had a fruit tart that he really enjoyed.

All in all, it was not a horrible stay, but just not at the same level as in the past. I think that the newness is wearing off and that the service levels are dropping. There were exceptions to this rule. The pool staff seemed to be very service minded, but the front office and restaurant staff need some help. The girls in the coffee shop were friendly....

I will probably give the hotel another chance since I much prefer to stay here as opposed to the Disney properites... I will be leery of booking the Disney View room again knowing that the hotel does not honor upgrades from that category. I would consider booking into the W-A directly.

For those who are looking at booking. The W-A also has the Grand Getaway package. It has a $100 room credit and is a good value if you plan on spending any money at the property on food / parking, etc. Valet parking is also included on this one....
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: HH Gold
Thumbs down Bad guest services in accounting - I'm out

I was thrilled to cancel a reservation at this hotel. My family and four others take a late spring vacation together annually and someone picked this place.

Their accounting office which refunds the first night deposits and any other financial transactions is impossible to get hold of (they go into a meeting every AM for 90 minutes instead of answering customer calls) and when they do answer the phone they don't have accurate answers. I used points for one night and made a regular stay reservation for five more and they couldn't seem to figure out how to refund the two different deposits. The first call they didn't even know what the $34 deposit was for (I'm assuming it was to hold the reward night).

Seems to be a mega-conference hotel; not one that is geared toward handling individual guests.

Expect anonymity when it comes to guest services.
I might try the WA next door, but definitely not interested in Bonnet Creek just by their phone presence.

Last edited by Sunday; Mar 30, 2010 at 8:10 am
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:05 am

WES 2010

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is one of the partner properties for WES 2010 conference in April (anyone here going?). The conference organizers have a "special" rate of $197/night I opted for the Altamonte Springs property up the street at half the price.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by mpickup
The Hilton Bonnet Creek is one of the partner properties for WES 2010 conference in April (anyone here going?). The conference organizers have a "special" rate of $197/night I opted for the Altamonte Springs property up the street at half the price.
Heads up, FYI, Altamonte Springs is rather long-ish drive from the conference at Marriott World Center. You must buzz through downtown Orlando on I-4 and there will be bumper-to-bumper in many areas (especially at the I-4 exit for the conference). I usually book around Lake Ruby and use alternate roads to arrive at conventions and conferences (use the Central Fla. Parkway). There are lots of Hilton choices near Palm Parkway, Lake Ruby or SeaWorld(Embassy, H-wood, etc.) I will do anything to avoid exiting on or off I-4 near WDW or SR 535.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by sallyerd
Heads up, FYI, Altamonte Springs is rather long-ish drive from the conference at Marriott World Center. You must buzz through downtown Orlando on I-4 and there will be bumper-to-bumper in many areas (especially at the I-4 exit for the conference). I usually book around Lake Ruby and use alternate roads to arrive at conventions and conferences (use the Central Fla. Parkway). There are lots of Hilton choices near Palm Parkway, Lake Ruby or SeaWorld(Embassy, H-wood, etc.) I will do anything to avoid exiting on or off I-4 near WDW or SR 535.
+1. Altamonte is forever away from Disney.... Up the road is a stretch!!!! The airport is even a better option!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by sallyerd
Originally Posted by Sunday
I was thrilled to cancel a reservation at this hotel. My family and four others take a late spring vacation together annually and someone picked this place.

Their accounting office which refunds the first night deposits and any other financial transactions is impossible to get hold of (they go into a meeting every AM for 90 minutes instead of answering customer calls) and when they do answer the phone they don't have accurate answers. I used points for one night and made a regular stay reservation for five more and they couldn't seem to figure out how to refund the two different deposits. The first call they didn't even know what the $34 deposit was for (I'm assuming it was to hold the reward night).

Seems to be a mega-conference hotel; not one that is geared toward handling individual guests.

Expect anonymity when it comes to guest services.
I might try the WA next door, but definitely not interested in Bonnet Creek just by their phone presence.
Thanks for the heads up about accounting.... I have to call them today since they charged me for elements of my package that were part of the credit. Sounds like it will be a fun experience.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
+1. Altamonte is forever away from Disney.... Up the road is a stretch!!!! The airport is even a better option!
Good to know, thanks ^ They had a golf package for ~120/night which had me hooked but now I'm thinking it might be too far from the action.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by mpickup

If price is an issue then the Regal Sun Resort (http://www.regalsunresort.com/) is over the street from the Hilton WDW (next to Downtown Disney) and is about $80 (plus taxes)/night. Just walk over the street and use the official WES shuttle bus from the Hilton. A colleague did this last year and was happy with the hotel, even happier saving over $100/night!

Enjoy WES, its a great conference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.