Wiki Posts
Search

Express Check-Out ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Delta Gold
Express Check-Out ?

Are you supposed to leave the bill in the envelope, or take it with you when you use the express check out method of checking out?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xxrice
Are you supposed to leave the bill in the envelope, or take it with you when you use the express check out method of checking out?
You may be expected to do so. In reality you can simply leave the keys in your room and go out of the hotel. They will then charge your credit card.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You take the bill with you. You just make sure the key is in the little holder or whatever so they know which room you were in.

If using the TV to check out, you just leave the key in the room, but take the bill with you.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Personally, I don't do anything... Just check the bill and leave. Never had a problem. Sometimes I will use the TV checkout, but more to compare the bill. I'm giving them credit to be able to see of all my belongings are gone and cycle the room for the next guest. Since the keys typically expire at checkout time on the last day, no issue of being able to access the room after that. Matter of fact, I usually have to remind the desk clerk if I'm going to need a late check out to code the key properly.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond ; Prority Club Platinum; Rapid Rewards A List; OnePass
Same here.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Personally, I don't do anything... Just check the bill and leave. Never had a problem. Sometimes I will use the TV checkout, but more to compare the bill. I'm giving them credit to be able to see of all my belongings are gone and cycle the room for the next guest. Since the keys typically expire at checkout time on the last day, no issue of being able to access the room after that. Matter of fact, I usually have to remind the desk clerk if I'm going to need a late check out to code the key properly.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:08 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by RogerD408
+1. I just check the bill, take my stuff, leave the keys on the desk in the room, and depart. This always works OK, at least domestically.

Just got back from Korea, where they didn't put the bill under the door. I had to go to the desk on the executive level to get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.