Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Will the hotel reception recieve and hold mail/packages?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:41 am
Original Poster

I'll be staying at HGI Times Square (NYC) in August and are wondering if the reception will recieve and hold any mail/packages sent to me before my arrival. If anything arrives one day before my arrival, will they be able to hold this for me until I arrive? And how should the mail/package be addressed?

I can't find the e-mail address to HGI Times Square on the hotel information page @ hilton.com. Where can I find the e-mailaddress to HGI Times Square?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I've done this several times, addressing packages to my name c/o the hotel and mentioning 'Please hold for guest arriving xx/xx/2009 confirmation #zzzzzzzz'.

The package usually goes to the mailroom and is available when I arrive. Sometimes they make a charge of $10 or so, plus tax of course, negotiable if you have status..
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
What did the hotel say when you called and asked?

Originally Posted by jcnorway
I'll be staying at HGI Times Square (NYC) in August and are wondering if the reception will recieve and hold any mail/packages sent to me before my arrival. If anything arrives one day before my arrival, will they be able to hold this for me until I arrive? And how should the mail/package be addressed?

I can't find the e-mail address to HGI Times Square on the hotel information page @ hilton.com. Where can I find the e-mailaddress to HGI Times Square?
Why post here when you could just call?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've done it at several hotels in the past. Never an issue...never a charge to my bill for it.

I've just had the sender address it to my name and arrival date, c/o the hotel name.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
I've done it at several hotels in the past. Never an issue...never a charge to my bill for it.

I've just had the sender address it to my name and arrival date, c/o the hotel name.
+1

Edited to add that I always call the hotel to let them know a package is coming and to hold it for me.

Last edited by Baze; Jul 29, 2009 at 1:27 pm
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AF, BA, LH, Hh, Hyatt

Oh, that's just great news. I'll be spending my birthday in BKK, alternating between Conrad and Millennium Hilton. I'll spread the news with dates for respective hotels to those who said they wanted to send a little something.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You really need to call and ask, and find out when you can get those packages.

I once had something sent to a hotel, and the manager, thinking it was valuable, locked it somewhere in his office. I arrived Friday night, he was gone for the weekend, and not due back till Monday, and nobody could figure out how to unlock the closet he puts stuff in.

I know, very stupid procedures on their part to be sure.

It was work related, just had another one shipped to arrive on Saturday, but still.

So call ahead and find out what their specific procedures are.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:42 pm

+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.