Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8000 points expiring Dec 31

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 6:00 pm
jaf
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), UAL (Premier Exec), SPG (Platinum), Hyatt (Diamond), Marriott (Plat), Hertz (Prez)
8000 points expiring Dec 31

So I have ~8000 points that will expire at the end of this year. I rarely ever make car rentals for personal reasons within the US. (I always make them outside the US but of course these points are only valid in the continental US - thanks a lot Hertz!)

Any ideas on what I can do with them (besides give them away )
  • An agent told me that I could exchange them for paper coupons at the end of the year, and they would be valid for 1 more year (basically extending the expiration by 1 year)
  • Coupon Connection
  • Other ideas ?? is there any other way to extend the expiration ?
Old May 13, 2009, 6:16 pm

Make a reservation or a few using points online. Cancel reservation. Points get return with new expiration date. It's been that way for a few years and they haven't fixed it.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:25 pm
jaf
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), UAL (Premier Exec), SPG (Platinum), Hyatt (Diamond), Marriott (Plat), Hertz (Prez)
seriously? ... sweet!!
Old May 13, 2009, 6:29 pm
jaf
Original Poster

I don't suppose there's anything else you can do with Hertz points that gives you a decent return ... besides getting free car rentals ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.