Wiki Posts
Search

Driving a Rental from CAN into the USA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hertz PC
Driving a Rental from CAN into the USA

Does Hertz allow their cars to be driven from Canada to the US and returned back to Canada? If so, do they charge extra?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:42 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by danimal78
Does Hertz allow their cars to be driven from Canada to the US and returned back to Canada? If so, do they charge extra?
If you are a Canadian citizen, the car needs to have Canadian plates. Otherwise, it should be OK. Others on this board have had no issues. I personally have driven Canadian and USA Hertz cars into the USA with no problem.

-Brian
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I've driven a rental car from the US to Canada with no problems...

I was strongly advised against driving a car from US into Mexico though, so had to park at the border.

--Russ
Old Aug 23, 2008, 7:45 am

I do this all the time. From Vancouver to Seattle and Seattle to Vancouver many times. Just don't go over the allowed miles if they have a limit and you're fine.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 9:10 am

Programs: HH-S WS-G
Some rental companies charge per mile/km if you take a rental car outside the prov. or state. Check the rental agreement I was almost caught by that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.