Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fun/Prestige collection: Car model guaranteed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold

Have reserved a Toyota Solara convertible (Fun collection) for pickup tomorrow night in PHX. Now I know with the regular car classes they state "Taurus or similar" or "Corolla or similar." But, since the car class I reserved specifically says Solara (no "or similar") should I worry about finding a Sebring in the stall when I show up? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for any help--preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:12 am

It's suppose to be guaranteed for those reservation since you're usually paying more than the standard "or similar" type or reservation.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Well...arrived and found a Sebring convertible in the spot where the Solara convertible belongs. Now I realize that a Solara convertible isn't anything special but it sure beats the Chrysler.

Went to the Gold booth, pointed out the error...no Solaras available so was upgraded to an M35. Not bad
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:20 pm

I reserved a Dodge Magnum and a Volvo V70 was waiting in my stall (no error - no Magnums available)
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by WNLuvr
Well...arrived and found a Sebring convertible in the spot where the Solara convertible belongs. Now I realize that a Solara convertible isn't anything special but it sure beats the Chrysler.

Went to the Gold booth, pointed out the error...no Solaras available so was upgraded to an M35. Not bad
I would have guess you got something other than a solara. While hertz booking may have told you the solara, it was probably booked as a D, and the Sebring, Solara, and Mustang converts are all classified as D.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by crnk
I would have guess you got something other than a solara. While hertz booking may have told you the solara, it was probably booked as a D, and the Sebring, Solara, and Mustang converts are all classified as D.

That is grossly incorrect. Each of the three has it's own vehicle class. O, O6, and W respectively.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by unfrgvn82
That is grossly incorrect. Each of the three has it's own vehicle class. O, O6, and W respectively.
News to me then....those are all fairly new classes and they must have broken apart D then. Sorry for the incorrect assuming that it had not changed in the past year--I had been at hertz for several years and any class changes were rare, as the only one I can recall is that the Cad Escalades were originally entered as one class and then at one point joined the Navigator in that class (juust some obvious restructing of the L(4?) and T(6?) classes to actually match the cars in them).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.