Search

Has anyone bought a car from Hertz?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by lili-dui
So where DO you get 94 octane?
Don't know. Fortunately, Prestige vehicles require, at best, 91/92, which is standard pump "Super" unleaded. ^
Old Jan 2, 2005, 4:10 pm

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
If you're in Canada, you can buy 94 Octane at Sunoco stations. Otherwise, the max octane is 92.

Ironically, my last 2 rentals involved cars that reached the end of their lifespan at hertz--upon returning the cars, the agent informed me that the cars were going off to the central depot for return to the automaker.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Sounds good. I did some shopping on their website at

http://www.hertzcarsales.com

Interested in a Ford Mercury Sable but all they have listed is the Ford Taurus. Could it be that they return or sell the Sables to someone else. The prices seem reasonable, but pictures and a discription of the intererior (leather or cloth) would be helpful.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
All the Sables I have rented have had leather, automatic climate control, and a six-disc CD changer in the armrest. Some have also had sunroofs.

One of my personal favorites in the YF category when I can get them.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:30 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lili-dui
So where DO you get 94 octane?
Well, here in Niceville, you get a friend who has access to the Ruckel (airport) and you fill the tank from the avgas pumps.

Just don't let anyone see you pumping it into a car instead of the aircraft's wing tanks and it's no prob whatsoever!

Just as a public service announcement, you gotta remember that avgas is formulated differently from automobile gas...what is cool in Florida might not be so cool in Minnesota or Calgary....
Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:58 pm

My dad bought a '94 Nissan Altima off a Hertz lot after getting a pretty good deal. It is still running but the hubcaps all fell off many years ago. He's pleased enough to periodically check the Hertz Car Sales lots whenever he drives by one.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HHonors Diamond
Bought a 1999 Mazda 626 from CarMax in 2001. 6 months later when I went elsewhere for service, they ran a title history and Hertz showed up all over it.

That could explain the constant troubles I've had with it.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:18 am

when I was looking for a car last year I checked out the local hertz sales center...the prices seemed far above blue book for 30k milage/1 yr usage combo.

considering their rental car treatment and the lack of the salesman willingness to deal, it wasn't a good combo.

if you do decide to buy though, mention AAA and you get a few $100 off

on a plus note, according to the salesman, hertz saves the best cars to sell on their lot, and accidents or major mechanical trouble force the car to be sold at auction to other dealers

Last edited by medic; Jan 9, 2005 at 12:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.