Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a few good coupon codes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please add me to the folks thanking the OP for posting this. I used the free day PC along with my SoCal AAA CDP for my Labor Day weekend trip and it worked fine with no problems whatsoever when I checked the car in yesterday afternoon.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Thanks for posting 924932. Used it at my gestapo-run local edition, who questioned it (they question everything there), and they couldn't believe it was for a full day off.

They actually called Hertz reservations (not even the gold line or internal support or anything) to verify the coupon code, which was of course indeed valid. The dude reluctantly took it off at the return, as if I was pulling money right out of his wallet.

Got two days of a full-size for $23 ($25 all in), and put 320 miles on it. ^
Old Sep 9, 2004, 10:23 am

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Thank you for these codes! I have used them each weekend and my 2 day rentals have averaged $30 after taxes.

This week my mother needed to rent a car as my daughter totaled her car , and when I went to the website and tried to rent a car for her, using the codes, I got a rate of over $200 before taxes for a week. When I logged on as myself, using the same codes, I got a rate of 118.99. I called Hertz and asked them if I could rent it for her and they said that I would have to be there with her so that we could register her as the driver. I am in San Francisco and she is in Las Vegas. Isn't it odd that the rates are so different? I guess that must be one benefit of being Presidents Circle???

Anyhow, we eventually decided that she will wait until I get home tonight to rent the car so that she can save the $100. Her insurance pays a flat rate of $20 per day, so this will be really close to what she is reimbursed.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Just did a 2/1 free PC with AAA CDP for a midsize and saw this in the messages area on the confirmation:

Warning Messages: Review Rental Qualifications and Requirements
EXTRA DAY CHARGES MAY APPLY CALL HERTZ
MINIMUM RENTAL AGE IS 25. EXCEPTIONS APPLY, INCLUDING NY & MI.

Does the first part look familiar to those who have used this PC and who have successfully completed the rental?

Thanks!

Pat
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:14 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by camachinist
Just did a 2/1 free PC with AAA CDP for a midsize and saw this in the messages area on the confirmation:

Warning Messages: Review Rental Qualifications and Requirements
EXTRA DAY CHARGES MAY APPLY CALL HERTZ
MINIMUM RENTAL AGE IS 25. EXCEPTIONS APPLY, INCLUDING NY & MI.

Does the first part look familiar to those who have used this PC and who have successfully completed the rental?

Thanks!

Pat
The CDP only works on weekend and weekly rates. I'd bet you are returning the car on a Tuesday or similar date to no longer qualify for the weekend rate...
Old Sep 13, 2004, 6:18 am

camachinist,

I made a couple of reservations this morning without using either of the coupons mentioned above and got the same message. The "Review Rental Qualifications and Requirements" on your confirmation page is actually a link that has a drop down menu of Hertz' policies on about twenty different subjects --- minimum rental age, method of payment, refueling options to name a few. It seems like I remember seeing this on previous reservations but never paid it any attention. Some interesting info in there -- thanks for bringing it up!!

JC
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The CDP only works on weekend and weekly rates. I'd bet you are returning the car on a Tuesday or similar date to no longer qualify for the weekend rate...
My apologies for not including the rental days. Pickup is Friday (actually this Friday) and return is Sunday, both at the same time of day, per my usual arrangement. I had not seen this warning message (in particular the one about the extra day charges) before so figured it was worth asking about

Pat
Old Sep 14, 2004, 3:54 pm

PC 924932 has a minimum 5 day rental for any airport/location that I tried.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by sapman986
PC 924932 has a minimum 5 day rental for any airport/location that I tried.
http://www.hertz.com/special_07/bapextrarentalday.jsp

I would reread the coupon page. It's a free day off a weekly or weekend rates.

So, if you pick up and return outside of the weekend time period, then it requires a 5 day minimum, otherwise for the weekend it only requires 2 days.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 6:59 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I had a funny experience returning a car using 924932 last weekend. I of course included the coupon code on my original reservation and made sure it was on the rental agreement after I picked up the car, so when I returned it (returned inside the building actually, no outside service at the time) I didn't bother saying anything, since you usually don't have to in this case, so when the guy told me the total, I said "I think you missed my one day free" and he cops just a little attitude "You should have told me that earlier" and I said usually I don't have to and we had a non-heated exchange until he was looking for the code and I read it to him ... then his attitude changed when he realized he had screwed up the return and the code was in there and he was really apologetic about it.

Of course, if I had been a dick about it and copped an attitude about it from the start, it could have turned into a mess and I'd be here asking what compensation I deserve on my cheap weekend rental.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:29 am

I changed the reservation I noted in my above post to the usual gold $-off PC and the warning message changed to "EXTRA DAY CHARGE AFTER MONDAY".

After perusing the verbage on the actual coupon page, I see where I went wrong. The coupon requires "two paid days" of rental on the weekend rate to qualify for the free day, which to me means a total minimum 3 day keep. I'm guessing some folks have been able to bend this rule

Thanks for all the help. I did apply the coupon to an upcoming weekly rental in Hawaii.

Pat
Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
I have been using this code for weeks. I rent Friday and Saturday and get one day off. My total rental in LAS has been $30 after taxes.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by debua1k
I have been using this code for weeks. I rent Friday and Saturday and get one day off. My total rental in LAS has been $30 after taxes.
That's good information but try not to say it too loudly or the precise verbage from the promotion code may be enforced. To me, paid rental days means one must pay for them, yes?

To wit:

Receive one extra rental day free when you rent a Compact 4-Door through Full-Size 4-Door car (Classes B, C, D or F) on Hertz Business Account Weekly Rates or Leisure Weekly or Weekend Rental Rates at participating Hertz locations in the U.S. and Canada. Offer valid on pickups through December 31, 2004.

Weekend rentals require a minimum of two paid rental days

Pat
Old Sep 15, 2004, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by camachinist
I changed the reservation I noted in my above post to the usual gold $-off PC and the warning message changed to "EXTRA DAY CHARGE AFTER MONDAY".
All my weekend rentals have this disclaimer. PC or non.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:58 pm

I tried to use the one-day off coupon with a local rate in DC suburban locations. Every time I put in the promotion code the rate went up from $18 to $25 per weekend day for a compact car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.