Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else's HLE location close recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:07 am
Original Poster

I had two HLE locations near my house and both have closed recently, I used them semi-regularly when I had to go to the airport, since I have a retiree rate that allows me to rent without a drop charge or mileage for a one-way rental in my zone (including NYC-area airports), and it ended up being cheaper than any other way of getting to or from the airport (I would drop off the car and pick up a new one when I returned). I went to make a booking for an upcoming trip and found that neither was listed in the Hertz directory. One is marked as closed in Google, the other is not yet, but presumably it's just because no one reported it yet. Has anyone else had their HLE location close? These were not dedicated Hertz locations; one was also had truck rental and the other was inside a car towing company. I'm trying to figure out if it's a Hertz thing or just a bad coincidence.

A related question for anyone who knows. Will Hertz reimburse for an Uber to get to/from their office? I got it once when my local office did not have a car for me, but I am not sure if they will always do it. I do have an HLE location ~25 minutes from me that did not close. I believe it’s a corporate location.

Last edited by MisterBill; Oct 4, 2023 at 1:13 am
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:47 am

Doubt they'd reimburse you for transportation to an office, unless you had a reservation at a closed location and they moved you to another less convenient location.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Has anyone else had their HLE location close? These were not dedicated Hertz locations; one was also had truck rental and the other was inside a car towing company. I'm trying to figure out if it's a Hertz thing or just a bad coincidence.
are those other businesses still around, i.e., can you still rent a truck or get a tow? If so, perhaps call the, and ask about the Hertz rental. Maybe they will tell you if it was force-closed by Hertz or if they chose to close that part of their business.

I had a similar situation with a local HLE that I used for one-ways to the airport. It eventually closed. Never found out what the reason was - they seemed reasonably business whenever I cam by, but that is obviously no evidence of profitability.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.