Wiki Posts
Search

PC Benefits with Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
Status and 3rd party bookings?

I was wondering, when booking through a 3rd party website, does hertz honor your status if you apply it?

Thanks in advance
and sorry if this question was asked before.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:01 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It depends on the situation. For example, if you book through someone like Priceline where they have a spot to enter your Hertz Gold member number, then yes. If you book through a portal like Chase Ultimate Rewards or Citi Prestige where you have to pay at the time of booking, then the answer would be no.

It's actually pretty simple to confirm if you're not sure. After booking, just log in to your profile at Hertz.com and see if the reservation you just made shows up in the list of pending reservations (it should be almost instant). If it's there, you know it's attached to your Hertz profile and you're good-to-go. You'll get all the benefits of your status, points, etc.

It the reservation doesn't show there, then it's not attached to your account. You can try to have them attach the reservation to your account at the rental counter, but there are no guarantees.
m907 and CN_fibonacci like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
Great thanks for the quick reply
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:32 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I updated the title to clarify the question

Jason8612 Hertz Mod
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:17 am

booked thru priceline last time, when picked up at PDX, using the video conf machine to pick up the car (long line at the gold booth and super long line at the counter), they said it's 3rd party booking, blah blah blah, no goodies even with status.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:03 pm

I second to ddlo1982.

Per Hertz President's Circle support, status benefits via 3rd party OTA (specifically they named Priceline, which Autoslash is using) do NOT apply.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by chipspb
I second to ddlo1982.

Per Hertz President's Circle support, status benefits via 3rd party OTA (specifically they named Priceline, which Autoslash is using) do NOT apply.
Sorry, but that is not entirely accurate. I have rented dozens of times through Priceline with my Hertz PC status and used Ultimate Choice and earned points each and every time. There is a place to enter your Hertz Gold Rewards member ID on the checkout page and once entered, you can login to your account at Hertz.com and see your reservation listed there under your pending reservations.

What is correct is that if you book a Priceline Express Deal (where you have to prepay and there is no place to enter a loyalty number), then you will not earn points or be able to use status on the rental.

In short:

3rd party pay-later bookings - Status/points/etc. AOK
3rd party pay-now bookings - Status/points/etc. usually don't apply
cestmoi123 and CN_fibonacci like this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:31 pm

Hertz presidents circle and 3rd party website booking

I am flying to London heathrow and have presidents circle status with hertz. Booking direct through them is more expensive than going through Priceline or kayak for example. Do I still get points and the benefits of hertz status I.e presidents circle upgrades etc?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It depends on the situation. For example, if you book through someone like Priceline where they have a spot to enter your Hertz Gold member number, then yes. If you book through a portal like Chase Ultimate Rewards or Citi Prestige where you have to pay at the time of booking, then the answer would be no.

It's actually pretty simple to confirm if you're not sure. After booking, just log in to your profile at Hertz.com and see if the reservation you just made shows up in the list of pending reservations (it should be almost instant). If it's there, you know it's attached to your Hertz profile and you're good-to-go. You'll get all the benefits of your status, points, etc.

It the reservation doesn't show there, then it's not attached to your account. You can try to have them attach the reservation to your account at the rental counter, but there are no guarantees.
Thank you for the info. This is helpful and making sense. However, I just made a reservation though chase ultimate travel and I provided my hertz membership number when I made reservation. This upcoming trip is showing in my hertz app now. So I should be good to use ultimate choice with President's Circle, right?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:01 pm

here's the screenshot:
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CN_fibonacci
here's the screenshot:
click on that reservation and it should tell you if it is “counter” service or “gold” service.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
click on that reservation and it should tell you if it is “counter” service or “gold” service.
I see. It says "Service Type: Standard Counter" and I guess it means that I can not skip the counter with ultimate choice.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CN_fibonacci
I see. It says "Service Type: Standard Counter" and I guess it means that I can not skip the counter with ultimate choice.
not necessarily. Check the board when you get there and maybe your name will appear.

the counter agent may just direct you to your appropriate area as well.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:35 am

Capital one(hopper) booking

I have just been informed by Hertz that I can not earn points when booking through the capital one portal. I also am not recognized as a presidents circle member when booking through the capital one portal, even though it asks for my presidents circle number to add to the reservation. The presidents circle status was one of the main reasons for getting the credit card and I can not receive the 5X points for booking if I don’t use the capital one portal.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:37 am

Third party prepaid bookings (regardless of source) are never eligible for loyalty points/benefits. It only works on pay-later bookings. It’s simply a different type of product.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.