Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz exec office contact info

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Contact information for Senior person at Hertz?

I recently had a well documented altercation with an overseas Hertz employee. This situation is far from ordinary and very well documented. Who is the best person for me to contact? I can assure that this situation would have an extreme interest at the senior level. I appreciate any feedback provided.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:15 am

Go to Elliott.org. He has contact information for most executives on his site.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended

I have found that Hertz management in the USA, senior and otherwise, takes a very hands off attitude towards what goes on at licensee locations abroad.

Originally Posted by flyer121
I can assure that this situation would have an extreme interest at the senior level.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Hertz Customer Service. Does it Exist?

I'm a President Circle member - have been for years. I made a reservation at IAD Airport in May. When I landed, I received a text saying my Mazda 3 (full size reservation) was in stall xxx. I was offered numerous opportunities to upgrade for $$$ to a variety of cars. Given that I rarely get upgraded even when there are plenty of cars on the lot, I let Hertz know I would not be driving a "full size" Mazda 3 and asked them to cancel my reservation. A few days letter, I received a receipt for my "rental." I called them, left voice mails, sent them a letter via US mail . No response from Hertz Corporation or from the IAD Airport location. So I called my credit card company and disputed the charge for a car I did not rent and moved on. Since then, I have received several collection notices from Hertz. I sent them all to the IAD manager who had determined that my assigned car had been given to another customer and mistakenly billed to me. I have spoken with this lady three times in the past three months who has assured me that its been taken care of. Yet, I still continued to receive collection letters which I forwarded to the IAD manager. Yesterday, I received a letter stating that my Hertz membership had been terminated for non-payment. Will they report me as delinquent to credit reporting agencies? I can't believe they can't or won't respond to me. Even Hertz agrees I never picked up the car and should not have been billed for a car I did not rent. If Hertz is out there, I would hope you would message me and fix this mess that your company created.

Last edited by rjburns; Aug 16, 2016 at 9:26 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/hertz/
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Nope.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Hertz IAD is simply awful.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:23 pm

Never ever use Hertz at IAD!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Need some help with customer assistance

So I am president's circle and had an annoying situation occur and received atrocious customer service. Need some help with how to best get this resolved.

The situation

Rented full size from Philly airport for 8 days using points. Was using the car to drive to see my family in central PA. About 30 mins into trip I noticed the low tire pressure light on. I stopped and filled the tire with air and drove for 3 hours. Next morning I see that the tire pressure light is on. Call roadside assistance and they say they will tow the car because it doesn't have a spare. They tell me to go to State College airport and get an exchange. I explain that I paid with points. They say no problem we will make sure it's taken care of and you don't get charged. Go to State College airport and they tell me that they can't do anything re points because they are a licensee. I got a mid size car. I called customer service multiple times that week and was assured points would be applied and there would be no issues. The Hertz customer assistance is really horrible, many agents speak poor English. I was on the phone for almost 2 hours with Hertz. Get to Philly airport and they print my bill and it's nearly $700. Go to manager and spend almost an hour with him explaining situation. He says don't worry ill handle this. Long story short, I still have a $600 plus charge on my card and this was almost 30 days ago. I sent an email to customer service and no one replied.

I want to get this handled by Hertz, but have reached my wits end with their customer service agents. Is there a way to contact a high ranking person in customer assistance?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:21 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

What is it exactly that you were charged for? Can you reply back with a breakdown or at least a synopsis of what the pricing section looked like on both your rental agreement when you checked the car out, and your final receipt? The first step here is to figure out whether the pricing was even right in the first place, and then analyze what you were actually charged for.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:38 pm

Initially I was supposed to get charged approximate $200. I was being charged for 1 day and the taxes and fees. A week was being paid by points. Now I am being charged for 6-7 days at like $70 plus fees.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:59 pm

I guess what I'm unclear about is what the whole tire episode has to do with the points rental. I go back to what I was saying above:

- When you picked up the car, was your rental contract correct at that point? Did it show a charge of $200 or $600+? Do you still have a copy of it?

- Do you have a printout or screenshot of your original reservation confirmation showing the $200 rate including taxes and fees including the points deduction?

- Were the points deducted from your account?

You're going to need to be a lot more specific and comprehensive here, otherwise it's going to be tough to help you. Likewise, this is good preparation for getting your ducks in a row before you contact Hertz, because if you are not clear with them about what the problem is, you're just going to go round in circles.

As a follow-up, why don't you post a screenshot of your final bill here, but only include the pricing section showing the charges (not any identifying information about you or the rental). That will help to identify the source of the extra charges.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 24, 2017 at 4:33 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - The problem is that you write, "initially supposed". That does not provide any information about what happened. Was this an error at the time you picked up the original defective car or did it occur later.

Not to berate you, but your lack of precise detail make sit hard to help you.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:37 pm

Ill copy my bills when I'm in front of my laptop.

What I mean was the original rental was paid using points. However, when I picked the second car up at the State College airport I was told that they had to charge me cash and that Philly would take care of it when I got there. When I called Hertz 1800 I was told the same thing. I told them I did not want to pay cash for the rental.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by mjh218
Ill copy my bills when I'm in front of my laptop.

What I mean was the original rental was paid using points. However, when I picked the second car up at the State College airport I was told that they had to charge me cash and that Philly would take care of it when I got there. When I called Hertz 1800 I was told the same thing. I told them I did not want to pay cash for the rental.
That doesn't really make any sense at all. If you do a car swap there really shouldn't be any billing involved. The billing should all be handled from the original renting location unless some sort of upgrade were involved. That's why we're questioning whether the rental agreement was correct in the first place.

Also, now that you bring it up, if there was some sort of billing change, you should have gotten an updated rental agreement from State College Airport. Did you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.