Wiki Posts
Search

No Taxes or Fees on Electric Rentals?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No Taxes or Fees on Electric Rentals?

Recently, I have seen some reservation pricing for electric vehicles that show a total without any taxes or fees resulting in some great pricesk. Is this common? I assume that taxes and fees would not be added at the time of rental because they are not in the original quote.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Would i still be able to the ultimate upgrade for this (car group x6)?
Old Apr 13, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BillMorrow
Recently, I have seen some reservation pricing for electric vehicles that show a total without any taxes or fees resulting in some great pricesk. Is this common? I assume that taxes and fees would not be added at the time of rental because they are not in the original quote.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Would i still be able to the ultimate upgrade for this (car group x6)?
Certainly isn't true in California. All the same fees and taxes apply as a gasoline powered vehicle. And they would be added at the time of rental. Glitches like this have occurred for decades on Hertz website.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:10 am

Same taxes and fees, except for gas of course. And watch out for the $35 recharge fee.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 12:49 pm

I would think that you would still get charged the fees. Most are highway and/or airport facility charges. And you are still using the highway and the airport facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.