Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

CHA - "sorry no cars, don't car if you have a res"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond

*care

Arrived in CHA at 9pm last Sunday. Got to the Hertz desk, 'we have no cars'. Said "Hertz corporate doesn't know our inventory since we are a franchise". "We haven't had cars all weekend", which is relevant since I had to make my res that day when I had flight cancellations.

A bit of an issue since I needed to drive 70 miles to my hotel. Had to Uber, for $100, which was about the same price as my 3 day rental on my corporate rate.

Raised a customer Service ticket with Hertz, got an email back basically saying 'sorry sometimes people don't return cars'. Note that CHA Hertz said they turned away 40 customers with reservations. And of course there were no walk up cars available at the other rental companies.

The lot had about 30 cars in it which the agent said needed oil changes and they didn't have the keys.

FYI, before I rebooked my flight to CHA, I checked Hertz to make sure I could rent a car.

The complete lack of sympathy was amazing.

Note: I searched for any similar threads on car availability but failed to find one.

Last edited by deac83; Apr 6, 2023 at 1:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
#include Seinfeld.mp4
RK23 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:02 pm

File an arbitration case for any expenses above and beyond your reservation price. Hertz will pay the fees. Their terms and conditions have the instructions.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:06 pm

This statement is nonsense. They are hooked into Hertz's computer system even though they are a franchise.
Originally Posted by deac83
Said "Hertz corporate doesn't know our inventory since we are a franchise".

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 7, 2023 at 11:19 am Reason: repaired broken quote and removed extraneous spaces
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:40 pm

Wait for it. The Hertz defenders would be along here shortly.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: AA EP
Hertz has demonstrated time and time again they aren't worthy of a customer's loyalty. For a good while I no longer provide loyalty to any car rental company because they are all so flawed. Go with which one offers the best deal knowing you will likely get screwed in the end!
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:07 am

Yep...

Originally Posted by dvpatel
Wait for it. The Hertz defenders would be along here shortly.
Aren't labels great...they work so well in politics, let's apply them to each rental car company...every rental company is either ALL bad or ALL good, you're either a "defender" or a "hater", so no need to have any exchange of thoughts re the facts of any particular situation...
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 4:20 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by joeyday
This statement is nonsense. They are hooked into Hertz's computer system even though they are a franchise.
Franchises have the ability to manage their inventory in Hertz's central system. It's up to them to actively manage it though. This is a failure on the part of the CHA licensee.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Franchises have the ability to manage their inventory in Hertz's central system. It's up to them to actively manage it though. This is a failure on the part of the CHA licensee.
If Hertz knows they aren’t managing their inventory in Hertz’ system, they shouldn’t accept any reservations for that location.

#ButTheyAreHertz
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.