Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Car seat doesn’t show on reservation confirmation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just modified a reservation to include a child car seat. The price went up by the appropriate amount, but the confirmation (either email or if I view the reservation on the iOS app) does not show anything about the car seat. (Of course if you add up all the price components you’ll come up short due to this…)

Is this a known issue? (I searched here but didn’t see anything). Should I call? Can I still deal with it at the airport or will it be too late if it’s not pre-installed?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
I tried making a reservation with a child seat and it appeared on both Hertz confirmation and e-mail confirmation. Have you tried creating a duplicate reservation (before you cancel the other) and add it through a new reservation rather than adding to a duplicate (given that rate is does not change)? I have noticed that over time, some browsers don't get along with Hertz's site the best; either that, or their site is glitchy.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by isiegel3
their site is glitchy.
That’s putting it kindly. I do a little happy dance if Hertz.com let’s me actually log in successfully…
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I didn’t try to do it as a new reservation. At one point the car type wasn’t even available, but then it showed up a few hours later.

In any event, despite not showing on the confirmation they had it in the system. Of course I thought that would mean the car seat was pre-installed, but nooo, you just grab one from a cabinet on the lot and figure it out yourself.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I didn’t try to do it as a new reservation. At one point the car type wasn’t even available, but then it showed up a few hours later.

In any event, despite not showing on the confirmation they had it in the system. Of course I thought that would mean the car seat was pre-installed, but nooo, you just grab one from a cabinet on the lot and figure it out yourself.
Too much liability having underpaid, and normally undertrained vehicle service techs installing a variety of different car seats in a variety of cars. Children are priceless.
oftech, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.