Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Another last minute announcement - e-Rewards termination

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:39 am
Original Poster

On July 26, Hertz announced the following to e-Rewards community participants:We just wanted to let you know that Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™will no longer be available as a reward option in the eRewards reward center starting July 30.

Should you wish to, please redeem your eRewards Currency for Gold Plus Rewards™ by July 29.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Good riddance; e-rewards was absolute garbage. I got spammed by them hourly with links that were already expired or generic "a survey is waiting for you!" when there actually wasn't one that fit my preferences. Best of all were the ones that informed you halfway through (as in, a dozen or so questions in that weren't just demographic) that you don't qualify and only received the minimum ($0.25 worth IIRC).

But for those who used it to top up their points, this is unfortunate news. Honestly I'm a bit surprised; don't third parties such as this pay Hertz for those points? That would seem like a good deal since the points keep getting devalued and often expire before being used anyway. A company just coming out of bankruptcy should welcome the free revenue.
Auto Enthusiast and Mr. BoH like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by strickerj
Honestly I'm a bit surprised; don't third parties such as this pay Hertz for those points? That would seem like a good deal since the points keep getting devalued and often expire before being used anyway. A company just coming out of bankruptcy should welcome the free revenue.
Perhaps it was the 3rd party that no longer wanted to pay Hertz
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Perhaps it was the 3rd party that no longer wanted to pay Hertz
Quite possible. I can’t imagine that Hertz was among their most popular partner programs, so it may not have been with their time.

Still, a somewhat abrupt change.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thats a shame - Hertz used to be a good deal through e-rewards but after the most recent point devaluation it was basically worthless. Its clear that Hertz doesn't want you to actually earn or redeem their points for anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.