Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold, 5* and PC all directed to PC section of UC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

I have experienced a new low while renting a car from Hertz as PC. My last two rentals, at a location with UC, (MCI) I noticed everyone on the Gold Board had Presidents Circle next to their name. Vehicles (that weren’t reserved) were only parked in the Presidents Circle section and everyone, regardless of status, had the same cars to choose from. So, somebody that’s only rented from Hertz once in the past year could end up with a much better car than me (51 rentals in 2021) simply because they were on the shuttle ahead of me. Hertz is my companies preferred vendor so I’m forced to put up with this BS. God I hate Hertz!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:17 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Wow, that’s annoying. It sounds like the local staff is just being lazy. 🙄

There should be a link on your final receipt to leave feedback on your rental. We know for a fact this feedback is reviewed. Be sure to express your displeasure!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Wow, that’s annoying. It sounds like the local staff is just being lazy. 🙄

There should be a link on your final receipt to leave feedback on your rental. We know for a fact this feedback is reviewed. Be sure to express your displeasure!
Where’s that link located at?👀

Always just been waiting for them to send a link for the survey, but the survey apparently wasn’t sent every time and for the only 2 times that I wanted to complain among hundreds of rentals from them, I didn’t receive any survey after

Although I believe LAX does that a lot too so they may very well be aware of it
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:18 am

It's in the email you receive with the subject of "Hertz E-Mail Statement of Charges" that comes from [email protected] at the conclusion of the rental:

Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:20 am

It's in the email you receive with the subject of "Hertz E-Mail Statement of Charges" that comes from [email protected] at the conclusion of the rental:

I’ve never receive any email like this 😅

All my emails from them were like this (before they switched to this format it’s just a pdf link)

Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:42 am

Not sure. Maybe they no longer want feedback.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
I have experienced a new low while renting a car from Hertz as PC. My last two rentals, at a location with UC, (MCI) I noticed everyone on the Gold Board had Presidents Circle next to their name. Vehicles (that weren’t reserved) were only parked in the Presidents Circle section and everyone, regardless of status, had the same cars to choose from. So, somebody that’s only rented from Hertz once in the past year could end up with a much better car than me (51 rentals in 2021) simply because they were on the shuttle ahead of me. Hertz is my companies preferred vendor so I’m forced to put up with this BS. God I hate Hertz!
Same at BOS recently. I'm not PC and was surprised to see that on the board. The 10-12 cars there weren't that good, either.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Just send them feedback through the website form about your rental. Not sure if it's actually helps result in change but at least you can feel like you did something.

I posted in another thread that I gave them feedback about how I was denied PC lot and was told to pick a car from B class when I reserved C class.

I selected the "Contact about a previous rental" and was able to input rental record number etc and left a comment about it.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/custo...etPage=faq.jsp
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
To be fair, MCI always had a bad selection of cars when it came to Hertz and PC. Always went with National there.
Ordpc and jrweaver912 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
Just send them feedback through the website form about your rental. Not sure if it's actually helps result in change but at least you can feel like you did something.

I posted in another thread that I gave them feedback about how I was denied PC lot and was told to pick a car from B class when I reserved C class.

I selected the "Contact about a previous rental" and was able to input rental record number etc and left a comment about it.

Thanks for this info but to my understanding the survey that separately sent out after the rental has more leverage on local management and contact us is only going to customer relations
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

I did get a survey email for the last two rentals and I gave them an earful. I’m not hopeful that anything will change but I was glad to get it off my chest.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:27 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
As someone who is going to be renting at MCI in a few weeks, I thank you.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Best of luck with the shuttle from the terminal to the rental center, that’s a horrible experience as well.
FlyinHawaiian and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead

​​​​​​I got a reply that was obviously copy pasted that didn't even really address my issue. You could tell it was a form email to reply to someone complaining that the class they reserved wasn't there or there was no car. In my cases I wanted to know if I was incorrectly told I couldn't use PC lot. Same agent told me I wouldn't get any points bc my number wasn't correctly attached by Priceline when I used Autoslash, but Hertz gave me points (so obviously the number had been linked). Furthermore, there were cars in PC, 5* gold and midsize area.

​​​​​​Below is what they responded to my initial complaint:
Thank you for reaching us. We apologize for the delay in our response. We sincerely regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. We truly understand you want this resolved as soon as possible. Although our reservation system is designed to provide a vehicle at the time and place requested, situations can sometimes develop that prevent us from honoring a reservation. Normally, our inventory of vehicles is more than sufficient to meet confirmed reservations. However, on occasion, customers do not return vehicles as expected, and the resulting shortages cannot be overcome immediately. Here at Hertz, we pride ourselves on the high quality of our customer service, and it is concerning to learn of the incident you described. Rest assured that your experience has been taken on board and necessary action will be taken to prevent the same instance from happening again in the future. Thank you for being a Hertz President’s Circle member. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to clarify this matter.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:39 am

I get the same emails as corolla with just a copy of the print-out, but I also get a separate email titled "Your Recent Hertz Experience - 3 minutes" from [email protected] which is where you leave feedback that goes directly to the local office and their bosses. They pay special attention to the likelihood to recommend and reasons why you wouldn't recommend.​​​​​​​

AutoSlash and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by jrweaver912; Apr 14, 2022 at 1:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.