Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Hertz Back on Track?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Is Hertz Back on Track?

From blog on Auto Rental News, March 7, 2022...

https://www.autorentalnews.com/10162...-back-on-track
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:12 am

Maybe they're doing okay financially, but the product is still suffering. Ultimate Choice is the only reason they can still be considered top-tier.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:59 am

Is Hertz Back on Track?

Unfortunately, that track for customers is the garden path
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:07 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
When it comes to fleet, Hertz is retrenching with a much smaller footprint after bankruptcy, unlike Avis, which was able to expand its fleet to levels greater than pre-pandemic. In Q4 2021, Hertz fleeted an average of 470,900 units compared to pre-b/k Q4 2019, when it held an average of 686,697 units.

Hertz may be back on track financially but it doesn’t sound like they’re going to increase their fleet size anytime soon which means we’re going to continue seeing a ...... selection in Ultimate Choice for the foreseeable future which sucks for business travelers.
strickerj and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:57 pm

Maybe they should try harder? :-)
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
To answer the question - NO

Website remains a total dysfunctional disaster and customer service remains poor at best, while prices remain sky high - significantly higher than the competition.
The only reason I will occasionally rent from Hertz is for the ultimate choice, and thats only when the price differential is close to Avis etc. Not paying the usual 50%+ more for Hertz that I see quoted.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
I book Hertz when they are the cheapest of the 8 or so companies I feel comfortable doing business with. That has been 3 of the last six trips for me. The others were one with Alamo, one with National and one with Thrifty. This is since the start of the pandemic.
Ordpc, Auto Enthusiast and TGarza like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:28 pm

Been using Hertz for 6-7 years, over the past six months they've completely burned any chance of me ever using them again.
  • Accusing me of stealing a car because the office didn't check it back in
  • Charging me a refueling fee after the vehicle had a mechanical failure and broke down
  • Corporate contract price higher than National
  • Vehicle age/mileage significantly older than competition
Ordpc, strickerj, oftech and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
When it comes to fleet, Hertz is retrenching with a much smaller footprint after bankruptcy, unlike Avis, which was able to expand its fleet to levels greater than pre-pandemic. In Q4 2021, Hertz fleeted an average of 470,900 units compared to pre-b/k Q4 2019, when it held an average of 686,697 units.
The drop is probably due to customers stealing their cars /s
funnyfarm299, Ordpc, rylan and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No, Hertz is still in bad shape. Not everywhere, but often. Kind of have to use them because that is where my company has the contract right now ... more issues than I ever had at National, by a lot.
Auto Enthusiast and rylan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.