Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where/When Can a Tesla Be Reserved?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
They had oodles of them at ATL today. Surprisingly not a single charger around... I wonder how they charge them.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott - Ambadorssor, Hyatt - Globalist, Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Diamond
just saw a tesla at IAD last week at the ultimate series section.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My local HLE was true to their word. I stopped over today and they had 2 brand new Teslas, however they are only available for Uber drivers. I was told there is a separate fleet for regular rentals but no eta on those. Bummer, they look really nice.
Auto Enthusiast, SamirD and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Spotted some 50+ model 3s at LAX yesterday, they were all in the reserved area, but an agent that I know told me manager wants at least $200+/day to upgrade.
I wish them good luck.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LJ7006
Spotted some 50+ model 3s at LAX yesterday, they were all in the reserved area, but an agent that I know told me manager wants at least $200+/day to upgrade.
I wish them good luck.
Insane; as PC you reserve a Corolla (20k ish car) and can choose a 7 seater SUV if it’s available (50k ish car), but the Tesla (40k ish) oh no don’t dare let that one go for less than $200 a day 😀
SamirD, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jim32190
Insane; as PC you reserve a Corolla (20k ish car) and can choose a 7 seater SUV if it’s available (50k ish car), but the Tesla (40k ish) oh no don’t dare let that one go for less than $200 a day 😀
Yeah I need to rent a car for a day at ATL in Feb and seeing Model 3s for $100/day with the Amex Plat CDP. Think I'll stick with my emerald aisle at National for $40/day. Was hoping they'd release some of the 3s into the PC lot, but guess that's not in the cards.
Auto Enthusiast, SamirD and m907 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My local hertz got another 4 in, but they are still
exclusive to the Uber fleet.

Is anyone else hearing this / seeing this at their (non-airport) locations?

I just want to drive one for a day

Wonder if Uber is subsidizing some of the cost for hertz?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Bump...has anyone successfully rented a Tesla from Hertz yet?

I made a reservation for one in ATL for July 4 weekend - only $55 per day with my corporate CDP for leisure travel. We'll be driving at least 400 miles so will need to charge once or twice. Apparently charging will not be included for rentals after February 1, 2022 - do I need to return the Tesla with a full charge? The Hertz web site did not make that part clear.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:39 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Bump...has anyone successfully rented a Tesla from Hertz yet?

I made a reservation for one in ATL for July 4 weekend - only $55 per day with my corporate CDP for leisure travel. We'll be driving at least 400 miles so will need to charge once or twice. Apparently charging will not be included for rentals after February 1, 2022 - do I need to return the Tesla with a full charge? The Hertz web site did not make that part clear.
You need to return with at least a 10% charge--that's it.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:50 pm

Rented a Model 3 Long Range yesterday from Philadelphia Amtrak. I was offered the upgrade for $20 for a 1 day rental, which I could not refuse. Paid $80 total. I heard the agent saying they were out of full-size and requesting from some other location, probably why it was so cheap. They had 4 Teslas at the location at the time.
Auto Enthusiast, SamirD and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:57 pm

Does it seem that Tesla's seem to be unavailable at many airport locations? Are they available at non-airport locations?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:49 am

Does anybody know if Teslas (E7 through E9) are available exclusively at airport locations or also at corporate HLE's?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 16, 2022 at 12:58 pm Reason: moved into existing thread on this topic
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bierjunge
Does anybody know if Teslas (E7 through E9) are available exclusively at airport locations or also at corporate HLE's?
Many HLEs do have them
SamirD and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:20 am

Does anyone know when Hertz is planning on rolling out in new markets? Some locations aren't on the published lists that I've seen like CLT. It allows me to book a MY there, but that location isn't listed on the main Tesla Hertz page. Trying to book one out of RDU later this fall.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Does anyone know when Hertz is planning on rolling out in new markets? Some locations aren't on the published lists that I've seen like CLT. It allows me to book a MY there, but that location isn't listed on the main Tesla Hertz page. Trying to book one out of RDU later this fall.
Back in August, I originally had a Model Y booked out of CLT, so I was seeing that too. Had to change travel plans to a one-way from PIT to CLT. The web site did not list any Teslas for PIT, but when I got there PIT also already had a Model Y. They wouldn’t let me take it one-way to CLT though.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.