Community
Wiki Posts
Search

extending a rental - rate question(s)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:53 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post extending a rental - rate question(s)

Looking for some insight from the resident Hertz experts.

I originally booked and completed a 1 week rental, which I have had to extend. My original contract shows a base rate (weekly rate), and then shows an "ex day" rate.

Am I correct in assuming that when I extend the rental, I get charged that same base "ex day" rate listed on my original contract...?

Are there any flat fees for contract extension (done over the phone)...?

Not that it may matter, but I do have PC status.

Thank you kindly for your insights.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:18 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You should get charged the extra day rate if it's 4 days or less. Once you pass 4 days and 2 hours, you'll pay the weekly rate (both are plus taxes and fees, of course).
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:28 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You should get charged the extra day rate if it's 4 days or less. Once you pass 4 days and 2 hours, you'll pay the weekly rate (both are plus taxes and fees, of course).
Thank you - this is very helpful with my planning.

Kind regards.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Ran into a similar scenario. booked a week long rental for, say $200. the rate would've been 350 had I added 1 additional day upon booking.

Contract gives me $28.50 for the ex. day (which equals to around 1/7 of the weekly rate), Hertz online extend-your-rental tool is trying to charge me close to a $100 for an additional day.

Should I just return a day late & be charged the ex. day rate on the contract?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:46 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Ran into a similar scenario. booked a week long rental for, say $200. the rate would've been 350 had I added 1 additional day upon booking.

Contract gives me $28.50 for the ex. day (which equals to around 1/7 of the weekly rate), Hertz online extend-your-rental tool is trying to charge me close to a $100 for an additional day.

Should I just return a day late & be charged the ex. day rate on the contract?
Yes, you absolutely should just return a day late and be charged as per the contract terms.

All of that said, just because they priced an 8-day rental $150 more than a 7-day rental when you first booked, doesn't mean that the cost to extend by calling would be $150 more. It's always worth calling to check as you may avoid a late return fee of $25 or so that gets assessed if you don't notify the rental company of your planned late return and extend the rental.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.