Wiki Posts
Search

Canada rentals mandatory LDW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Canada rentals mandatory LDW

I’m sure it wasn’t like this last week, but looking for rental in December at YYZ (then tried city and also YUL) the LDW is in every rental with no option to remove it. I’ve tried changing country of booking, deleted cookies, logged in account, our of account, app, desktop, different computer all showing same. Is this just a hertz glitch or did I miss the memo?

Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Just tried doing a booking with your same exact details and I don't see the LDW charge in there. Changed dates and also vehicles and not seeing the LDW in there either. Do you have it selected in your profile or maybe clicked it by accident?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 4:08 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Are you using a corporate CDP that automatically includes LDW?
seawolf and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by easy_money
Just tried doing a booking with your same exact details and I don't see the LDW charge in there. Changed dates and also vehicles and not seeing the LDW in there either. Do you have it selected in your profile or maybe clicked it by accident?
You were right. Some how it was showing LDW accepted in my profile for Canada. Never have I ever had that on any rental in Canada so don’t know how it all of a sudden appeared.

problem now is, ever when I now have it ticked to decline, it still is showing up for every rental I try and can’t un select.

Resolved now, used VPN and changed booking country.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 17, 2021 at 5:27 am Reason: consecutive posts merged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.