Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What car will I get from Hertz Walsh Ave Santa Clara CA (and Other Related Questions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What car will I get from Hertz Walsh Ave Santa Clara CA (and Other Related Questions)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:54 am
Original Poster

I am renting a “Luxury 7 Passenger SUV (Z4)” It says Infiniti QX60/Range Rover Discovery.

I am renting from the Hertz Walsh Ave in Santa Clara CA.

Has anyone had an experience lately renting this category (even from other locations)?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jr516
I am renting a “Luxury 7 Passenger SUV (Z4)” It says Infiniti QX60/Range Rover Discovery.

I am renting from the Hertz Walsh Ave in Santa Clara CA.

Has anyone had an experience lately renting this category (even from other locations)?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
The only car they have in the fleet for this class is QX60.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LJ7006
The only car they have in the fleet for this class is QX60.
Interesting! Is that the case for the whole country, or this area only?(If you happen to know)

I saw on the fleet list thread that there were other cars in that category, so I guess they have changed it?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jr516
Interesting! Is that the case for the whole country, or this area only?(If you happen to know)

I saw on the fleet list thread that there were other cars in that category, so I guess they have changed it?
There were a few other models before the bankruptcy, but since then the only other model in the class other than QX60 was XT6(still very rare) and I had not spotted one at any location since October of last year.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! That is very helpful.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Renting from Hertz HLE Santa Clara

Hello, I'm planning to rent a car about one month from now.
I have reserved a "Luxury 7 Passenger SUV Group Z4 RGDR" vehicle from the Hertz HLE on 1000 Walsh Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050. The reviews of this location are not the best, and I am worried they may not have the car available. Given that this seems to not be one of the most popular classes,(I believe) is it likely that they will not have the car? Do they have to bring the car from the(nearby)San Jose airport location, or do they keep all cars at the location?
On an unrelated note, what is the chance that this class of car will be AWD. It would be nice if it was, as we plan to take the car to Tahoe.
Thanks in advance for your reply, and sorry if this was too long!

Last edited by jr516; Feb 11, 2021 at 10:05 pm
Old Feb 11, 2021, 4:12 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Locations do keep track of vehicles that are coming up for rental and usually work to ensure they have them on-hand. That said, it's a challenging time for Hertz right now given that they are in bankruptcy. Additionally, it depends on how conscientious the local staff are about managing their inventory. Your best best to ensure that you get the vehicle you reserved is to call the location the day before to confirm they will have it on-hand when you arrive. By doing this, you are giving them notice that you won't be a no-show and that you expect the vehicle to be there, so it gives them time to get a hold of one if they don't already have it on the lot.

Hope this helps. Safe travels!

Last edited by AutoSlash; Feb 11, 2021 at 8:57 pm
Old Feb 11, 2021, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Locations do keep track of vehicles that are coming up for rental and usually work to ensure they have them on-hand. That said, it's a challenging time for Hertz right now given that they are in bankruptcy. Additionally, it depends on how conscientious the local staff are about managing their inventory. Your best best to ensure that you get the vehicle you reserved is to call the location the day before to confirm they will have it on-hand when you arrive. By doing this, you are giving them notice that you won't be a no-show and that you expect the vehicle to be there, so it gives them time to get a hold of one of they don't already have it on the lot.

Hope this helps. Safe travels!
Thank you for such a detailed response!
AutoSlash and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.