Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Reward Availability in Maui in October

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
No Reward Availability in Maui in October

Is this normal? Figured I could use points this far out...but nothing available at OGG October 9-16...
Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Is this normal? Figured I could use points this far out...but nothing available at OGG October 9-16...
Have you tried calling? I recall a thread about issues with point redemptions and the common theme was calling in usually yielded success in finding availability.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
Have you tried calling? I recall a thread about issues with point redemptions and the common theme was calling in usually yielded success in finding availability.
I haven't. I will try doing that today.

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just called...apparently Oct 9-16 is considered "Holiday" rates and they are blacked out for awards...I could get 2 free rental days for 3,000 points. ugh...absolutely useless!
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

According to the calendar on the Hertz site, the anyday rate period ends on the 10th (see https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...t_calendar.jsp ) , so you could use points at the standard rate from 11-16 for 3750 points

Alternatively, if it is absolutely useless, save the points for another rental when not wanting to rent during a peak period
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
According to the calendar on the Hertz site, the anyday rate period ends on the 10th (see https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...t_calendar.jsp ) , so you could use points at the standard rate from 11-16 for 3750 points

Alternatively, if it is absolutely useless, save the points for another rental when not wanting to rent during a peak period
This is great! Never knew this even existed. Not sure how anytime in October is peak in Hawaii...but not much I can do about that! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.