Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone spotted a Mercedes C300 Convertible (Class U) recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle

I’m considering leasing a Mercedes C300 Coupe at the end of my current lease. This vehicle would be great for a test drive.

However, I’ve never found this vehicle in any airport. It’s all about Mustangs and Camaros in Class U.

Has anyone rented or spotted this vehicle recently?

Did they sell all the Mercedes due to the pandemic?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:37 pm

If it's in the fleet at all, it's probably only at coastal tourist locations in Florida and California at a huge upgrade charge.
Jarrret likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:00 am

I would say unlikely as well even during the precovid days. With a U reservation, you will receive a convertible Mustang GT V8 at best and V4 ecoboost at worst. I also had a v4 convertible Camaro under U at Phoenix so you might get that.

Mecedes personally I have seen are the A220, GLA SUV and thats about it.
Jarrret likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Consider finding something on Turo, or GetAround. Highly unlikely to find C300 in Hertz fleet let alone the convertible version.
Jarrret and anteater like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jarrret
I’m considering leasing a Mercedes C300 Coupe at the end of my current lease. This vehicle would be great for a test drive.

However, I’ve never found this vehicle in any airport. It’s all about Mustangs and Camaros in Class U.

Has anyone rented or spotted this vehicle recently?

Did they sell all the Mercedes due to the pandemic?
Those were in the fleet for a while, but all of them were the 2017 pre-facelift model(I guess hertz got a deal on the old stock that's why they had them)
The last time I had seen one was around christmas time of last year at SFO pc aisle with 40K miles beaten up.
Jarrret likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by m907
If it's in the fleet at all, it's probably only at coastal tourist locations in Florida and California at a huge upgrade charge.
Any chance at BOS, EWR, PHL, IAD, BWI, etc?

Originally Posted by LJ7006
Those were in the fleet for a while, but all of them were the 2017 pre-facelift model(I guess hertz got a deal on the old stock that's why they had them)
The last time I had seen one was around christmas time of last year at SFO pc aisle with 40K miles beaten up.
I believe that they do have the 2019 model. They were trying to sell them at the beginning of this year. I'm in the midwest, never seen one of the C300 convertibles before. Spotted SLC300 several times at ORD though.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 28, 2020 at 3:38 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Sep 28, 2020, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Jarrret
Any chance at BOS, EWR, PHL, IAD, BWI, etc?

I believe that they do have the 2019 model. They were trying to sell them at the beginning of this year. I'm in the midwest, never seen one of the C300 convertibles before. Spotted SLC300 several times at ORD though.
Highly unlikely, and as you pointed out, if they were in the fleet they have probably been sold or returned to Mercedes.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
They did have some, you can see them for sale, now, on Hertz Sales -- some of them practically new with 1K miles on the odo -- but I certainly don't think you have many chances to rent.
Jarrret likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.