Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Operations/Experiences During Covid-19 (May 4, 2020 Updates)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KenTarmac
"Hertz Gold Standard Clean" announced - click here

2020 Loyalty status extended through January 31, 2022 - link to FT Thread

POINTS EXTENSION
Points that were set to expire between March 13 and June 30, 2020 may be extended. Individualized emails have been sent to account members to "opt into" extending points. This must be done manually and will not be done automatically. Details below.

UPDATE: May 5, 2020

There's a points extension link included in an email with the subject "I
ntroducing Hertz Gold Standard Clean – Sanitized. Sealed. Delivered." that was sent to account holders on Mon 5/4/2020.

The second article of the email indicates: "if you have points that were set to expire between March 13 and June 30, extend them now." (A link is provided within the email that is linked to the individuals account.)

Points extension is not being done automatically but must be "opted into". After clicking on the email link the HERTZ webpage that you're redirected to indicates:
"Your points will be available starting June 1, 2020 – and they’ll be valid through December 31, 2020."

Update: May 8, 2020

A follow up email with the subject "COVID-19 update: New Hertz Gold Standard Clean and Loyalty Updates" was sent to members on May 8, 2020

Under the section "Extending Loyalty Status" there's another individualized link that must be clicked (followed) to "opt into" extending your points.

The section reads as follows:
To give our Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® members more time and opportunity to enjoy their membership benefits, we recently announced we have extended their current loyalty status through January 31, 2022. Additionally, members with points that were set to expire between March 13 and June 30, 2020, have the opportunity to claim them here. (Where "here" is the individualized link).

Print Wikipost

Hertz Operations/Experiences During Covid-19 (May 4, 2020 Updates)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As soon as they started dumping the Z06 Corvettes, I knew it was over.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 7:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up from LNK last week. Some of the rental car counters had little plexiglass shields up for their agents but the Hertz one did not. Agent confirmed my name and glanced at my license. He wasn't wearing gloves or a mask or anything. Ended up in an awful Buick Encore with 31,900 miles on it. Biggest disappointment in a while.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:21 pm

A couple of observations-
1. Hertz rates for my booked reservations are changing on a daily basis to whatever the price is if I were to book a reservation that day for my dates. Thankfully, I have my booking emails saved.
2. I did not receive Hertz points for a reservation I had about 1 month ago. I have already put in a missing points request 3 times 1 week apart each. No response from the customer service & no points either. I am not going to bother with it again.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up at BWI this week and actually found a better selection of cars in PC than I did the last time I was there (August, 2019). This selection included a 2020 Infiniti QX60 with 4,000 miles which I took (my first Hertz Infiniti since 2018(!)) and a Mercedes C Class.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 7:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Do the vehicles now have a sticker on the door to indicate that it is clean?
I will probably still use wipes to get key areas of the vehicle.

Has anyone used an HLE and had a vehicle delivered to your house? I have a reservation in a few weeks and requested that. The website had a place to put in my address. I figure if I don't hear anything I'll call them the week before.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by aztimm
Do the vehicles now have a sticker on the door to indicate that it is clean?
Yes, at some locations. None of the HLE's I've been to have had the stickers, but if the location does have the stickers (like this airport location), they look like this. (apologies for the low quality of the photo, this is zoomed in)

This is what the actual sticker looks like. It's very easy to peel off and left no mark on the door/vehicle.

Originally Posted by aztimm
Has anyone used an HLE and had a vehicle delivered to your house? I have a reservation in a few weeks and requested that. The website had a place to put in my address. I figure if I don't hear anything I'll call them the week before.
At the HLE I've been to, sometimes they'll drive you to the HLE itself, sometimes they'll take the car to you (one employee drives your car, one employee follows in a second car to take both employees back.) I think it depends on how staffed they are and whether or not you actually specifically request "can you deliver the car to me."

Hopefully everything works out.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:34 pm

I want to put this out there for the 2nd time. Because, this has happened for the 3rd time in last 6 weeks. Today, one of my reservations for later this month shows double the price [on Hertz's website] of what I had booked it for & what my booking email shows. Therefore, reposting my post from the previous page.
A couple of observations-
Hertz rates for my booked reservations are changing on a daily basis to whatever the price is if I were to book a reservation that day for my dates. Thankfully, I have my booking emails saved.

Another thing that I have noticed [for those who also like to have credit card insurance either as primary or secondary]-
Hertz's website switched the credit cards on my booking with another one from my profile for absolutely no reason. No information in my credit cards had changed. All are still valid. My credit cards also randomly disappear from my profile & then reappear mysteriously. This can have insurance implications, if there's ever a need. I have therefore, deleted all the credit cards from my Gold Rewards profile on the Hertz except the one I want.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:55 pm

I've been having intermittent issues with Hertz reservations disappearing from my account. Seems to coincide with the inability to make new bookings as well. All is well at the moment, but I always get a little worried when that happens!

Last edited by Denguin; Jun 27, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:38 am

I've noticed several locations worldwide become very picky with CDP usage - several clients were checked for AmexPlat cards and another bunch were refused cars in LGA because they didn't have proof they were allowed to use my business CDP!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by easyride
I've noticed several locations worldwide become very picky with CDP usage - several clients were checked for AmexPlat cards and another bunch were refused cars in LGA because they didn't have proof they were allowed to use my business CDP!
I think this is something they should have been doing a long time ago!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I think this is something they should have been doing a long time ago!
Agreed. The amount of posts online about using perks associated with unauthorized CDP usage was too high.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Agreed. The amount of posts online about using perks associated with unauthorized CDP usage was too high.
completely agree. If you are entitled to utilize a CDP, you should have identification indicating so. I don't see the issue with having to provide identification, as you should have it on you if you are really entitled to said CDP code.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
completely agree. If you are entitled to utilize a CDP, you should have identification indicating so. I don't see the issue with having to provide identification, as you should have it on you if you are really entitled to said CDP code.
And I don't understand the insistence, after my clients showed the reservation email originating from my company's email address, that I had to send a personal email to the branch manager announcing that I gave permission to the customers to use the CDP!! I'm a broker and use my own company's CDP for my clients' bookings.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by easyride
And I don't understand the insistence, after my clients showed the reservation email originating from my company's email address, that I had to send a personal email to the branch manager announcing that I gave permission to the customers to use the CDP!! I'm a broker and use my own company's CDP for my clients' bookings.
To be fair this is a different problem.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 3:28 pm

I had a reservation three weeks ago at Las Vegas Airport. When I got there around 7pm on a Friday night, there were no staff working the desk. The Gold Desk was closed. Just a ton of customers lined up in the garage and no rentable cars in the lot. (There were a couple of high end Porsches but I was told if I wanted to upgrade to those, I'd have to go speak to the desk agent... who was MIA).

After about 20 minutes, one staff member appeared and told the group that it would be at least a 4 hour wait to possibly get a car. I ended up taking the bus back to the airport and getting an Uber from there.

I was told by a few other people that Hertz had a ton of cars mothballed from COVID and hadn't brought them out yet. No clue why. I'm guessing extremely poor management and short staff.

I was finally able to get a car from the Caesars Palace location the following day. No "cleaned" sticker and in fact the car hadn't been cleaned properly (garbage in the car and trunk). By that point I was just happy to get a car.

(Forgive the crosspost)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.