Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum & Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Five star no longer automatic with Amex Platinum?

I got the following email from Hertz.

Act now to keep your Five Star status
Your Five StarŪ status will expire soon, but we have good news. You have been specially selected for a one-time opportunity to maintain your status with points you’ve already earned.
For only 2500 points, you can keep your valuable status through 12/31/18.
Simply click on the link below to redeem your points and you will receive a confirmation email about your extended status. But hurry—this offer expires 4/17/18.

Has anyone else received this? I thought 5 Star was included with the Amex Platinum Card. Has it changed??
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I think it must be gone. Some links out there but none of them work. My account no longer shows five star and not sure when it went away. I rarely rent anymore.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Given that the American Express platinum card provides for

•One-car-class upgrade whenever possible
•Guaranteed vehicle availability
•Up to a 4-hour grace period when returning the vehicle; complimentary one way rentals, and courtesy pick-up/delivery of vehicle

I am not sure what benefit there would be in spending 2500 points to renew 5 star status. if renting less than 7 times in a year, save the 4 days of rental points for rentals
bpbenda likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Given that the American Express platinum card provides for

•One-car-class upgrade whenever possible
•Guaranteed vehicle availability
•Up to a 4-hour grace period when returning the vehicle; complimentary one way rentals, and courtesy pick-up/delivery of vehicle

I am not sure what benefit there would be in spending 2500 points to renew 5 star status. if renting less than 7 times in a year, save the 4 days of rental points for rentals
Doesn't 5* or PC status allow you to choose from a better group of cars at corporate locations/airports?

I'm looking for this answer as well - I'm trying to get Mrs Huge status upgraded with her Platinum Amex card, but I can't figure out how.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
It doesn't look like Hertz 5* is included with Amex Platinum anymore, at least not in the US. There's a roundabout way of doing it, though. Amex Plat offers National Executive status, so she can get that, and then status match to Hertz 5*.

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...tatusMatch.jsp
Joonydell and huge like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold

Would appreciate sharing of experiences re AMEX Platinum and Hertz Five Stars status & benefits:

Followed the links on the AMEX Plat website to register for a brand new Hertz account. There is the AMEX EMEA CDP embedded with no space for the code number. Ended up registering yet nearly a month later, still not seeing the Five Stars status, let alone any of the Benefits the AMEX platinum website mentions. At present it shows an account with membership number, no status/other benefits.

How long would it take for the status to get updated?
Am I waiting for any email re the added AMEX Plat benefits?
About to reserve a car, would Hertz even know of the said benefits?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Would appreciate sharing of experiences re AMEX Platinum and Hertz Five Stars status & benefits:

Followed the links on the AMEX Plat website to register for a brand new Hertz account. There is the AMEX EMEA CDP embedded with no space for the code number. Ended up registering yet nearly a month later, still not seeing the Five Stars status, let alone any of the Benefits the AMEX platinum website mentions. At present it shows an account with membership number, no status/other benefits.

How long would it take for the status to get updated?
Am I waiting for any email re the added AMEX Plat benefits?
About to reserve a car, would Hertz even know of the said benefits?
Chase with Amex
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:31 am

From my experience, when I registered I already had the five-star level, as for the benefits I will tell you that they are not guaranteed at all. At least the upgrade to a higher class car

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.