Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at DAL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Didn’t see an existing Hz DAL thread.

Picked up a car from DAL this afternoon. The Ultimate Choice lot was looking pretty barren.

Five Star had one Impala Premier, one Nissan Versa, one Kia Optima, and a Nissan Titan.

Presidents Circle was slowly being refilled, There was one Impala (non-Premier), one Cadillac XTS 3.6L, one Nissan Titan, one Mustang GT convertible, one Dodge Challenger R/T, and the usual Chevrolet Malibu.

I was waiting for the lot attendant to park the Escalade in the Ultimate lot, but no-go.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
The usual suspects last week, impalas, 300s, bunch of no name SUVs. There was a Camaro SS in the upgrade section that I got for 20 USD extra per day.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat and that is all that matters.
DAL had been my go to for a while just because of convenience in terms of location, but after 10-something rentals in the last couple of months with poor selections, I switched to DFW. Usually have the usual F suspects, random SUVs, and tired Impalas or 300S's...
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Similar selection at PC on Friday at 5pm. Plenty of cars, but nothing good, and no turnovers at PC. Stuck around for about 20 minutes since I had time. Ended up taking an altima off the gold aisle with <1,000 miles. Couple of Cadillacs in the upgrade section (had in the PC section at DFW few weeks prior) but they wouldn't budge on giving it free.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Picked up earlier. Didn’t see too many cars stocked up.

Gold/5* lot contained an all-time favorite, the Chevy Malibu, a Toyota Corolla, and some other nondescript car. I think every Hz location on the planet is required to have Malibus on site.

Presidents Circle had a Infiniti QX60, Kia Sorento, Hyundai Kona, Nissan Rogue, what looked like a Chevy Equinox, and a Nissan Murano.
m907 likes this.

Last edited by radiolarian; Jul 25, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Anyone have any recent experiences with the Gold lot at DAL?

Need a Truck for the day over Thanksgiving and have a booking with National as well as backups with Hertz and Avis.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Picked up at Hz DAL earlier. I checked rates the last couple days to see if it went down, and it was all Sold Out.

There were:
- 1 Nissan Murano
- 3 Impala Premier
- 1 Impala non-Premier
- 1 Malibu
- 1 Kia Sorento

Upgrade spots:
- 1 Caddy XT4/5 SUV
- 1 other car I forgot
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:44 pm

Pickup at Hertz DAL last Sunday, please check my video that shows what car do they have:
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:35 pm

Whomever did the one-way from NY to Dallas with that monstrous Expedition must have gotten horrendous gas mileage.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Whomever did the one-way from NY to Dallas with that monstrous Expedition must have gotten horrendous gas mileage.
lol! I did a highway MPG test of this monster, and I'm editing the video now. to be honest as long as you keep it under speed limit, it is not that bad around 23mpg, however I did my test at 85 most of the time, so yes, the MPG sucks lol. BTW, I'm not sure if someone really drove this from NY to TX, it is really hard to find any car with TX plate on the lot, maybe hertz just randomly send car to all the location? but at least there are some new cars now
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by v8inmk2
lol! I did a highway MPG test of this monster, and I'm editing the video now. to be honest as long as you keep it under speed limit, it is not that bad around 23mpg, however I did my test at 85 most of the time, so yes, the MPG sucks lol. BTW, I'm not sure if someone really drove this from NY to TX, it is really hard to find any car with TX plate on the lot, maybe hertz just randomly send car to all the location? but at least there are some new cars now
Picked up a black Expedition XLT Max yesterday at SFO - Illinois plates! Only been around town since, but tomorrow I set out for the south so I'll find out about the mileage I guess!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:27 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Try driving a QX80 with four people and luggage from STL to south Florida and back doing 80mph the whole way!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Picked up at DAL the other day. Presidents Circle had:

- Infiniti QX80
- Hyundai Sonata
- A bunch of midsize SUVs
- Mustangs
- Camaro SS
- Infiniti Q50
- impala Premier
- few other assorted sedans

upgrade contained 2 Hendricks Camaros

Last edited by radiolarian; Nov 7, 2021 at 2:05 pm
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Picked up at DAL yesterday.

Not much selection.

PC-
​​​- 2 Ford Explorers
- Honda Accord

5*-
- Nothing

Full-size-
​​​​​- Malibu
- 2 Altima

Ultimate upgrades- ​​​​
- 2 Giant GM SUVs (T6)

I did see a Maxima, but it was parked in a Reserved spot.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Picked Up @ DAL Today

PC lot-

- 2 Ford Explorers (Limited & XLT)
- 1 Honda Civic
- 1 Hyundai SUV (large)
- 1 Ford Mustang (non-GT)
- 1 Chevy Malibu

Gold lot-

- 1 sedan (forgot make/model)
wakesetter93 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.