Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience in KEF/Iceland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Experience in KEF/Iceland

Searched the FT forum but didn't get any results. For those who have rented from Hertz at Keflavik airport, what has the experience been? Are they good with upgrades as PC? It says the branch is an Independent Licensee, not Corporate or HLC.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:12 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Searched the FT forum but didn't get any results. For those who have rented from Hertz at Keflavik airport, what has the experience been? Are they good with upgrades as PC? It says the branch is an Independent Licensee, not Corporate or HLC.
Hi; a bit late to the question. I rented from Hertz KEF about this time last year. As a Five Star, no upgrade was offered. The set up at KEF is that your car is pre-assigned and waiting for you at the airport. The main depot is a short walk away where the returns occur. There was no Gold Choice aisle or canopy at this location; at least on our visit.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:36 pm

We may have rented from them on a one off kind of day. Line was about 30-40 deep, everyone being served from one queue (no elite line), available cars were sparse, but service once at desk was courteous. It appeared they were nearing the point of only having cars to rent upon return of cars.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:41 pm

Any recent experiences at KEF? thanks in advance...
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:46 am

Hello again, wondering if anyone has any recent experience there?

I did have some specific questions that hopefully someone might know, or, I guess I should call the location and ask:

1) I need a 4x4. I reserved a (P) Skoda Octavia 4WD or similar. I see they have RAVs and other models, but, those don't specifically say they are 4WD or 4x4.. Anyone knows what they have there that is a true 4x4/4WD?

2) I would need/like to have ISOFIX on the back seats so I can bring my own carseat/booster. I think its safer than the belted ones... How to find out which 4x4/4WD has ISOFIX?

3) No gold lot then to choose from?

4) with gold service confirmed, can I assume my wife can drive without having to pay for additional driver? (part of the benefits of gold, correct?)

5) posted on another thread: can I drive with a swiss license, or, should I have an international license?

Thanks for any/part response..
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: too many
Can't comment on most of the question but :
2. I thought isofix was by default on all cars now? My 2007 Avensis has them
4. Yes, part of gold benefits, no specific experience at KEF though
RedRobin likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:21 am

3. No Gold lot.
5. Swiss license is fine.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:01 pm

Not the most exciting datapoint, but we rented from Hertz at KEF this month as President's Circle and received an upgrade from Group B3 to the Kia Ceed Sportwagon (Group R1). There was an elite queue open, but we didn't need it as there was no one else waiting to rent when we arrived. Car return was smooth and they did not look super in-depth for damages.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 7:17 am

Does anyone know if there is any difference between hertz.is and hertz.com ? Seems I can prepay insurance with the former but I can't enter my hertz membership.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:47 am

guys -First time doing this. Am I right to assume if I rent an Economy car, I will get an upgrade to Compact or it's not that easy? What specific group(s) do I need to reserve to get upgraded to their Compact SUV Renault Captur Plug-in Hybrid or similar | Automatic | 2WD CGAI | Group:P6 (CGAI)

Thanks

https://www.hertz.is/vehicle_guide/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.