Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Rewards May 2019 USA Redemption Devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Rewards May 2019 USA Redemption Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:00 pm

Would Avis match Status?
Which rental company to move to from Hertz?

I still have about 1700 pts with Hertz - unsure what redemption is more valuable?
Paying cash seems cheap if you are booking a month away from travel.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:10 pm

National is best if most of your rentals are at an airport, or in some cases a big city downtown, if you don't mind the Enterprise hard sell for local suburban or rural rentals, and if you don't need frequent short one-ways from suburban or rural neighborhood stores. That last case would probably be with Enterprise, and incur a large drop fee as a percentage of the total. Avis is ok for other use cases.

1,500 points for a premium car (group G) one-way to a distant city would be the best value. Exchange the remainder for airline miles if you can. The threshold varies by airline.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:48 pm

Just got my sticker shock today, my 2 decades of loyalty bouncing between 5 Star and Presidents circle are useless. Dumping Hertz anyone else doing status matching? I spend 20k a year on rentals. Long time lurker first time poster .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.