Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PC showing as Gold / Hertz database issue

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
PC showing as Gold / Hertz database issue

Rented a car last week and my name was listed as Gold on the board. I went into the booth and they confirmed I was Gold for the rental and refused to believe the Hertz app stating I was PC.
Normally I wouldn't care but selection of cars was very limited.

... yadda yadda yadda... I called Hertz to fix a billing issue on the rental and they confirmed there's a known database issue. All US stations received a memo advising them of this and they should be extending all courtesies to PC members. Clearly that memo didn't work. For what it's worth the PC phone rep said the database error should be fixed next week.

Just a head's up to renters for the next couple of days.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:59 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Happened to me in a way. Made a booking with the app and it set me up as a NEW Gold user (which is what they saw at YYZ when I arrived. The Hertz.ca website did show me as PC tho.

No matter in the end—all they had in the lot were brand new Volvo S60s
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Same thing happened tp me on three consecutive trips at LAX about two years ago. I always exit through the same line where Kenny is stationed and we had the same conversation three times in a row. It eventually sorted itself out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.