Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's with the crazy difference between Hertz.com and Delta.com pricing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the crazy difference between Hertz.com and Delta.com pricing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:45 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
If you google “Hertz Delta CDP” you’ll find it.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I once needed to rent a car at SEA at the last minute. (Needed to be in Vancouver, missed connection to last YVR flight of the day at DFW, Plan B was a later flight to SEA and drive.) Went to Hertz. Got a rate. Gave them my Hertz number, which brought up the AA CDP. Rate doubled. For a four-day rental coming out of my own pocket, that was more than enough to care about. Asked the agent to take out the number and restore the original rate. She said she couldn't: "Once it knows who you are, it won't forget."

I said "OK, cancel it;" walked 20 feet to the left, got the same car from Avis for $1 a day less than the original Hertz rate - with AA miles.

I've rented from Hertz happily many times since then, but sometimes their "discount" codes can do weird things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.