Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New PC Member

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
New PC Member

So I’m new to Hertz, was status matched to PC.
Appartently my first reservation will only be considered Gold, which isn’t appealing to me since it will be at an Ultimate Choice location. Is there anyway to make it so I can choose from PC at SFO? Obviously PC is going to have better vehicles the Gold. Any insight would be helpful. It’s frustrating to get something, but not be able to use it
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:19 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Someone in a recent thread reported they were able to call the Hertz Gold department and get their status upgrade to PC status before they arrived for their first rental. I don't have the post handy, but you may want to search the archives. It was sometime in the last month or two.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by bcard519
Obviously PC is going to have better vehicles the Gold.
I'm new to PC as well, and my first rental is this upcoming Tuesday (assuming I don't opt to switch to Alamo instead, since you have 100% free choice there), but from what I've seen around here... it seems like PC, Gold, & 5* are all relatively similar in terms of car selection (minus the apparently thousands of Infinitis, which seem to be exclusive to PC).

The vibe that I've gotten from here is that PC is generally underwhelming.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
I called PC number . They need the loyalty department to do it, which is closed on weekends🤦.♂️
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:16 am

There is a phone number in the status match welcome email that it tells you to call to make sure your current reservations are matched to the appropriate level.
When I called I was told they were already at the updated level anyways and there was nothing I needed to do. This was for both SFO and SF neighborhood HLE, with the soonest reservation being a few days out.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Alclayno
I'm new to PC as well, and my first rental is this upcoming Tuesday (assuming I don't opt to switch to Alamo instead, since you have 100% free choice there), but from what I've seen around here... it seems like PC, Gold, & 5* are all relatively similar in terms of car selection (minus the apparently thousands of Infinitis, which seem to be exclusive to PC).

The vibe that I've gotten from here is that PC is generally underwhelming.
Ultimate Choice is a poor man's Emerald Aisle. It varies a lot depending on location. Some are good about spreading the cars around, most are bad. One thing that seems to be consistent is that PC is going to have the lowest mileage cars available.
Alclayno and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by m907
Ultimate Choice is a poor man's Emerald Aisle. It varies a lot depending on location. Some are good about spreading the cars around, most are bad. One thing that seems to be consistent is that PC is going to have the lowest mileage cars available.
Yeah, newer cars are always nice. Is UC really worth it though if you have a specific car in mind that you want to book, even for the cost of a midsize/intermediate?

I have a convertible booked for this Tuesday, and although UC is always an option, I feel like there probably won't be any other convertibles to even consider (based on the inventories I've read about on here at multiple airports) in PC/Gold/5*.

Seems like the only real beneficiaries are the ones who book that class of vehicle (midsize/intermediate) and have no preference of car ahead of time.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:38 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by m907
We would generally agree. Hertz has upped their game by a factor of 10 or more with the introduction of Ultimate Choice. As a PC member, I regularly got nice low-mileage vehicles from them. That said, they were nice but not amazing. Mostly higher-end Japanese (Infinitis abound) and American cars (Regals, Cadillacs, etc), lots of Jeep Wranglers of late, etc. Just this morning though I picked up a Mercedes GLC350 with about 2,500 miles on it from National at LGA. It was one of 2 in the Exec Elite section, and I could have also chosen a BMW X3 which was also there. It really is a completely different experience in terms of vehicle selection.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Alclayno
Yeah, newer cars are always nice. Is UC really worth it though if you have a specific car in mind that you want to book, even for the cost of a midsize/intermediate?

I have a convertible booked for this Tuesday, and although UC is always an option, I feel like there probably won't be any other convertibles to even consider (based on the inventories I've read about on here at multiple airports) in PC/Gold/5*.

Seems like the only real beneficiaries are the ones who book that class of vehicle (midsize/intermediate) and have no preference of car ahead of time.
Yes, if you want a specific car or speciality car you need to reserve it. Not really different from National in that respect. UC is for people who are content with choosing from an assortment of normal sedans/SUVs, a couple premium cars, and occasionally something really good.
Alclayno likes this.

Last edited by m907; Mar 11, 2019 at 3:48 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

I called loyalty, apparently your not PC until you return your first rental after you make PC🤦.♂️. I’ll probably never use hertz, unless they offer me good prices on upgrades at SFO
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by bcard519
I called loyalty, apparently your not PC until you return your first rental after you make PC🤦.♂️. I’ll probably never use hertz, unless they offer me good prices on upgrades at SFO
Out of interest what does it say when you log into your account ?

I did the same (status matched) and my account says Presidents Circle. I'm hoping there isnt any gotcha for my first rental !

Cheers
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

You’ll be in the same boat as me my friend. My app says PC, but they say not recognized till the end of your first rental. I’ll probablt never use hertz because of this since I’m EE with National
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Not Registered as a gold member?

So I recently achieved PC status with Hertz as I status matched with my National EE which I achieved thanks to a CAA membership, however I've never rented from Hertz before and I'm marked as not registered as a gold member at the LAS location on my reservation. Now I know that means they have to verify my credit card and drivers license so I have to go the front counter before hand, does anyone know of anyway I can get that verification out of the way before going to the airport so I don't have to bother with the counter?

Thanks,

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 7, 2019 at 12:34 pm Reason: merged into recent thread on this topic
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Yes
I’ve seen reports of individuals visiting another Hertz location before their rental and providing their ID and card.

When I had the same scenario as yourself, it took only two additional minutes to visit the counter and complete the process. I don’t know if it’s worth it to visit Hertz beforehand as it will certainly take more than a few minutes for a second a priori trip.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
I’ve seen reports of individuals visiting another Hertz location before their rental and providing their ID and card.

When I had the same scenario as yourself, it took only two additional minutes to visit the counter and complete the process. I don’t know if it’s worth it to visit Hertz beforehand as it will certainly take more than a few minutes for a second a priori trip.
Well part of it is I know that UC is a crapshoot in terms of vehicles available, same with National ES, so I made a reservation for both and I'd prefer to just get in and go if I find a vehicle I like on the Hertz side, rather than having to visit the counter and have the vehicle potentially leave, unless I grab the keys out of it first and go to the counter but not sure how they look upon that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.