Full Size SUV vs Premium SUV

Old Feb 13, 19, 3:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
Posts: 21
Full Size SUV vs Premium SUV

Hi
i am looking for some info from people that rented either full-size or premium suv or both recently
according to the hertz Webpage and the lists are premium can be suburban, yukon xl or expedition EL
while full size can be GMC Yukon, Nissan Armada, Toyota Sequoia, Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford Expedition
also full-size does not have sirius but premiumum has.

so for me the name premium vs full-size suggests the premium should also be a better trim and have more features as full-size, but based on the cars, premium is also bigger.

so here is my question: how were the cars in the two categories specced that you saw/used? how are the chances to get a crappy specced tahoe vs a crappy suburban?
i don't need the space but i like the nice features like sirius and apple car play, etc
doubter13 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 6:57 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: SJC
Programs: Marriott T, Hyatt G, UA Silver, Hertz PC, National EE
Posts: 215
Premium just means bigger. All the GM big SUVs that I've seen at Hertz, for example, have been LT/SLT trim.

So Full Size could get you
Tahoe LT
Yukon SLT

While Premium might get you
Suburban LT
Yukon XL SLT
etc
missingcolours is offline  
Old Feb 20, 19, 3:08 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
Posts: 21
So i should hope to get/ask for a gmc to get the nicer trim?
and I have very little chance of getting a nice trim taho
as I said I donít need the size I am just looking for a nicer car or a better chance to get an Escalade or navigator by accident :-)

sorry, just checked....
taho LT is the same trim level as Yukon SLT

sorry for the confusion

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 21, 19 at 5:00 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
doubter13 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 19, 3:46 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
Posts: 21
I asked this in another thread, maybe there are more people reading here that my be able to contribute
I was wondering what the trims are of the PFAR (Suburban and co) and FFAR (Yukon and co).
obviously I am looking for better chances to get a nicer car. Better chances on PFAR or not worth the extra money If we don't need the extra space?
One point that makes me go for PFAR is: only 3 cars in that category and I am ok with all 3. in FFAR we also have the 2 asian cars which I would like to avoid.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 21, 19 at 5:18 am Reason: moved into existing thread as allowed per FT Rules https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#crossposting
doubter13 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 19, 6:13 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Everett,WA
Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by doubter13 View Post
I asked this in another thread, maybe there are more people reading here that my be able to contribute
I was wondering what the trims are of the PFAR (Suburban and co) and FFAR (Yukon and co).
obviously I am looking for better chances to get a nicer car. Better chances on PFAR or not worth the extra money If we don't need the extra space?
One point that makes me go for PFAR is: only 3 cars in that category and I am ok with all 3. in FFAR we also have the 2 asian cars which I would like to avoid.
For the T6 which is PFAR, it's usually the Yukon XL (SLT) , Suburban (LT), and a staggering Ford Expedition Max/EL (XLT). T or FFAR you've got the Yukon, Expedition, Tahoe (Same trims as the T6's) Nissan Armada (SL) , and rarely a Toyota Sequoia (Limited).
Rental_Guy is offline  
Old Feb 21, 19, 5:10 am
  #6  
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ka ʻĀpala Nui, Nuioka
Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Posts: 16,621
Originally Posted by doubter13 View Post
I asked this in another thread.
You are kindly asked to note that per FT Rules, a question/post should only be asked/made in one location. https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#crossposting Thank you.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 21, 19 at 5:20 am
FlyinHawaiian is offline  
Old Feb 21, 19, 9:00 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,940
Originally Posted by Rental_Guy View Post
For the T6 which is PFAR, it's usually the Yukon XL (SLT) , Suburban (LT), and a staggering Ford Expedition Max/EL (XLT). T or FFAR you've got the Yukon, Expedition, Tahoe (Same trims as the T6's) Nissan Armada (SL) , and rarely a Toyota Sequoia (Limited).
Yep, it's almost always LT for Chevy and SLT for GMC. Hertz does not carry many Ford SUVs in my experience but XLT or rarely Limited when you do find one. I have seen Armada Platinum at Hertz.
Joonydell likes this.
m907 is offline  
Old Aug 26, 20, 10:05 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: DL Plat
Posts: 351
Thinking of going on a roadtrip from SLC and dont want to risk not getting a 4wd with presidents circle. Does the T6 class have blind spot detection? I see its usually a suburban lt and hertz sales shows lane departure but not blind spot. Also, any recent T6 experiences at SLC?
runningformqm is offline  
Old Aug 26, 20, 5:00 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by runningformqm View Post
Thinking of going on a roadtrip from SLC and dont want to risk not getting a 4wd with presidents circle. Does the T6 class have blind spot detection? I see its usually a suburban lt and hertz sales shows lane departure but not blind spot. Also, any recent T6 experiences at SLC?
All of the yukon in hertz fleet have blind spot
And none of the suburban do.
For expedition its 50/50, the limited trims do have blind spot but then none of them are 4wd. While all of the xlt trim are 4wd but none of them have blind spot.
LJ7006 is offline  
Old Aug 26, 20, 9:13 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: DL Plat
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by LJ7006 View Post
All of the yukon in hertz fleet have blind spot
And none of the suburban do.
For expedition its 50/50, the limited trims do have blind spot but then none of them are 4wd. While all of the xlt trim are 4wd but none of them have blind spot.
thanks! thats very helpful
runningformqm is offline  
Old Aug 27, 20, 5:38 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,940
Originally Posted by LJ7006 View Post
All of the yukon in hertz fleet have blind spot
And none of the suburban do.
For expedition its 50/50, the limited trims do have blind spot but then none of them are 4wd. While all of the xlt trim are 4wd but none of them have blind spot.
​​​​​I think the Nissan Armada is going to be most common in this class, especially now that Hertz has sold off so many of their nicer vehicles.
m907 is offline  
Old Aug 27, 20, 9:26 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: DL Plat
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
​​​​​I think the Nissan Armada is going to be most common in this class, especially now that Hertz has sold off so many of their nicer vehicles.
isnt the nissan armada t and not t6?
runningformqm is offline  
Old Aug 27, 20, 10:44 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: SJC
Programs: Marriott T, Hyatt G, UA Silver, Hertz PC, National EE
Posts: 215
Yes, Armada is Full Size SUV (T).

With all the sell-offs lately, the Premium SUV class at Hertz right now seems to be almost entirely Suburbans. I don't think I've seen a single Yukon XL or Expedition MAX since March.
runningformqm likes this.
missingcolours is offline  
Old Aug 27, 20, 12:20 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
​​​​​I think the Nissan Armada is going to be most common in this class, especially now that Hertz has sold off so many of their nicer vehicles.
The nissan Armadas that hertz currently has are all 2wd and actually they are considered as K6(2wd version L4).
runningformqm likes this.
LJ7006 is offline  
Old Aug 27, 20, 8:36 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,654
Originally Posted by missingcolours View Post
Yes, Armada is Full Size SUV (T).

With all the sell-offs lately, the Premium SUV class at Hertz right now seems to be almost entirely Suburbans. I don't think I've seen a single Yukon XL or Expedition MAX since March.
My local HLE location only has Tahoes and Yukon XLs for their full size and premium SUVs. I rented one of the Yukon XLs around a month ago.
runningformqm likes this.
Jimgotkp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: