Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Advice Needed: Unwanted UpSell and Fuel charge on bill

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice Needed: Unwanted UpSell and Fuel charge on bill

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you provided Hertz with copies of the contract and the return receipt (by fax, email, postal mail)?
Yes, I have submitted both the receipt and the contract to Hertz.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lrbenko
Yes, I have submitted both the receipt and the contract to Hertz.
What rate does the receipt reflect? the rate that you expected or the rate that it charged?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
What rate does the receipt reflect? the rate that you expected or the rate that it charged?
The receipt after returning reflects the higher rate I was charged.
Hertz has responded and said they are "investigating" and a response could be 2-3 weeks away.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The receipt after returning reflects the higher rate I was charged.
Hertz has responded and said they are "investigating" and a response could be 2-3 weeks away.
What I meant but miswrote = what did the rental agreement state

Did the amount charged match the rental agreement or did the rental agreement reflext the lower expected rate?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
What I meant but miswrote = what did the rental agreement state

Did the amount charged match the rental agreement or did the rental agreement reflext the lower expected rate?
Unfortunately I think I through the original rental agreement out, so I'm not sure. I have the booking agreement, and then the final receipt unfortunately.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:50 pm

Unfortunately I think I through threw the original rental agreement out, so I'm not sure. I have the booking agreement, and then the final receipt unfortunately.
Did you happen to get an e-version of the rental agreement?
Without the initial rental agreement it's gonna be a tough fight to get that money back.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I got hit with a gas charge for a rental return at JFK last week for a car returned the week before. They said either a receipt or a credit card statement showing the charge would work. I did have the receipt and I took a picture of it and sent it in, but if you have a credit card statement showing the charge you could send that.

They had me email it to [email protected] along with my rental agreement number. Only 5 hours later they emailed me back stating that the charge would be credited back to me.

I know the gas is the least of your concerns, but this might help.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Hertz BWI screwed me over yesterday. Claimed I drove a vehicle 229 miles, when I drove it ~55. My first road trip in 1.5 years so I've gotten rusty/lazy. I have gotten into the habit of taking a picture of my fuel receipt with the odometer reading in the background, but failed to do it this time.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Sorry to hear. I have to get back into the habit of documenting everything as well. I never did hear back from Hertz after I received this email:

"Thank you for your patience while we contacted our office in Aruba. Regrettably, we have been unable to obtain a copy of the rental invoice requested.
In some cases, the country will respond directly to the customer without sending a copy to this office. If you have not received a copy of the rental invoice, and still require a copy and response regarding the upgrade and fuel, please notify our office.
Your business is appreciated and we look forward to being able to serve you again.
Sincerely,
J N.
Hertz Customer Services"
https://www.hertz.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.