Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reserving with AWD / 4WD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Reserving with AWD / 4WD

I'm trying to reserve a vehicle with either AWD or 4WD since I'll be driving to ski areas.

Which of these is more likely to end up as having AWD or 4WD:
-Prestige Small/Standard SUV (Group K4) JGDR (K4) Range Rover Velar or similar
-Standard Elite Crossover (Group Z4) RGDR (Z4)Rover Discovery/InfinitiQX60 or similar

Both are described as:
  • Automatic AWD Transmission
But it is the "or similar" that concerns me. Everything by Range Rover is AWD, so I should be fine, but some SUVs like the Infiniti QX60 have non-AWD variants.

What can I book that would best guarantee AWD or 4WD?

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Feb 9, 2019 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:53 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You didn't mention where you are renting, but probably either one is equally likely to get you 4WD/AWD. Our advice is to reserve whichever is least expensive and then just let the agent know that you need 4WD/AWD and they would likely accommodate you since the vehicle type does list AWD as being guaranteed.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You didn't mention where you are renting, but probably either one is equally likely to get you 4WD/AWD. Our advice is to reserve whichever is least expensive and then just let the agent know that you need 4WD/AWD and they would likely accommodate you since the vehicle type does list AWD as being guaranteed.
2 week rental from the Airport in SEA. Will be driving up to Whistler. Fingers crossed that the tires I get on the car will be M+S rated as that is required in BC: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/t...t-winter-tires

Went with this one:
Standard Elite Crossover (Group Z4) RGDR (Z4)Rover Discovery/InfinitiQX60 or similar
which was about $75 cheaper per week than this one:
Prestige Small/Standard SUV (Group K4) JGDR (K4) Range Rover Velar or similar
Joonydell likes this.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Feb 9, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.