Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Do Not Renters List

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Hertz and DNR list

I was in Florida in August 2015 and tried to rent a car from hertz. I was told at the counter that the system said not to rent to me. I assumed i was the DNR list. I tried Hotwire to rent a car today and got hertz again. I logged into the system with my gold profile and this time i was able to update credit card and license information. I see the reservation in the system. Does this mean I got taken off the list and will i run into the same problem when I try to pick up the car. Is there a number to call to resolve this.

Thanks

Quojo
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:12 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I would call Hertz to confirm. You may find this article about DNR lists helpful.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:38 pm

Hertz Do Not Renters List

I rented a vehicle in 2014 from Philadelphia airport from Hertz .I was involved in an accident while an unauthorized driver was operating the vehicle. I regret that I did that & made a unconscious decision to not pay the extra fee for adding the driver and have learned from the experience that either you have to pay the fee for the extra driver or pull over to rest until you are able to operate the vehicle safely. I have rented from other rental car companies , such as Avis, Budget, Enterprise, etc., with no further accidents, I would like to rent again from Hertz because I like the company, brands they offer, ease of renting, basically . Hertz was made whole by your insurance and that it has been almost 5 years, so I would like for you to please reconsider renting to me again in the future because this Do Not Renters List is breaking my heart . I was a member to Hertz and had a great track record for years .Please take my sincere apology into consideration and restore my rental privileges again .
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:55 pm

FlyerTalk is not run by company representatives. (They do monitor it for unauthorized coupon codes, etc.) This is also the Avis/Budget discussion forum, not Hertz.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:21 am

Have you asked the DNR department, or just random internet strangers?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Contact Hertz.

I would not use the word "unconscious" in describing your conduct.
Auto Enthusiast, jerry305 and m907 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Send an email

Originally Posted by jamaal609
I rented a vehicle in 2014 from Philadelphia airport from Hertz .I was involved in an accident while an unauthorized driver was operating the vehicle. I regret that I did that & made a unconscious decision to not pay the extra fee for adding the driver and have learned from the experience that either you have to pay the fee for the extra driver or pull over to rest until you are able to operate the vehicle safely. I have rented from other rental car companies , such as Avis, Budget, Enterprise, etc., with no further accidents, I would like to rent again from Hertz because I like the company, brands they offer, ease of renting, basically . Hertz was made whole by your insurance and that it has been almost 5 years, so I would like for you to please reconsider renting to me again in the future because this Do Not Renters List is breaking my heart . I was a member to Hertz and had a great track record for years .Please take my sincere apology into consideration and restore my rental privileges again .
Have you thought about sending Hertz an email and explaining what happened?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
call 405-775-3091
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Call. Do not write unless you are asked to submit something.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
Call. Do not write unless you are asked to submit something.
why?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jamaal609

Unless Hertz was made whole by you or your insurance instead of Hertz' own Insurance, what reason would Hertz have to take you off of its DNR list?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Joonydell
why?
So that you can engage in a two-way conversation. If you want to get to "yes" the way to do that is to find out what the issue is. A basic technique of engaging others.

As it stands the key question is likely to be whether Hertz is out any cash here (it self-insures for these smallish amounts). While small to Hertz, that may be large or too large for OP and Hertz may want to see OP's payment before it considers, let alone grants, a removal from its DNR list.

Bottom line is that for a large organization it likely makes little sense to do business with someone who has cost the company more than it will make in net revenue from that customer over a lifetime.
cestmoi123 and Joonydell like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976

Unless Hertz was made whole by you or your insurance instead of Hertz' own Insurance, what reason would Hertz have to take you off of its DNR list?
If the guy really thinks that a message board is actually Hertz customer service and this is the best place to get himself off the DNR list, I don't think he's going to have an answer for that.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't rent him or her a car.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Hertz DNR list?

I always rent with National. This was my first Hertz rental in five years -I am presidents circle or something through Delta Diamond.

I am probably worried for nothing but rented an SUV from a neighborhood location today (due to snow storm) - drove a few blocks parked it for a few hours. Later, I went to put my bag in the trunk and noticed the tire jack was out (wish I had noticed when I picked it up) - after hitting 40 mph I could immediately tell the alignment was (wayyyyy) off, and there was a transmission issue. Roadside told me to head to airport for swap.

Immediately headed for the airport to do a swap as neighborhood location was closed. Gave the Hertz guy a hard time as he wanted me to fill out an incident report while freezing in the cold, and after politely asking him if I could go into the very very large booth. He then told me he could not give me an SUV, and so I gave him a much harder time - no insults or anything, but kept asking him for his business card (which he claimed not to have) - and questioning whether he was really the manager, and asking for the manager's business card and the manager's name. I told him I would write a complaint to Hertz about him and r I filled out the incident report by simply writing "transmission issue" and signing my name. Probably should have handled it all a bit better, but very frustrated as Hertz app was letting me book SUVs for that location, so why would he claim he didn't have any vehicles to swap.

This ended 20 minutes later, when I told him Hertz sucked and booked a reservation on the National app in front of him.

Any chance I am on the DNR list? Only reason I am worried is that the guy spent the last ten minutes of the conversation typing... which I only noticed later.

Again, I know I should have handled it differently, should I be worried? I'm on a big corporate contract too if it makes a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.