Community
Wiki Posts
Search

airport availability on thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
airport availability on thanksgiving

does anyone know if most airports have a decent selection of cars on thanksgiving? i booked a compact, and wanted to know how easy itll be to swap for a full size. thanks in advance!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:35 pm

Where would you like to visit?
That's the most important question
Personally, I only experienced horrible shortage at MCO&MIA during Thanksgiving

For PC, why don't you book anything other than Economy&Compact so you can have access to PC zone
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, and note that compact cars are sometimes more expensive that larger ones, so be sure to check before automatically picking compact class.

For turkey day in the USA, I'd want to check hours that the Hertz location will be open.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:49 am

It's possible that the location will be so short on cars that they just hand out whatever they have. There's a slim chance you'll get a big upgrade, i.e. a Tahoe on a compact reservation. But that's a slim chance. There's a greater chance that you just get a compact or midsize.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
ok, thanks guys for your help!!! ill let yall know what happens tom.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
DCA was packed of cars yesterday when I picked up my car and today when I picked my family.

I have been at BWI at Christmas where they were so low on cars where they were pretty much taking cars from the return line washing them and driving them up to the person waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.