Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Gold Board shows my dad's name instead of mine?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

I contacted Hertz to no avail because they say they see only my name in my profile.
But when I picked up my last Gold rental it was definitely my dad's name (not mine, and it's a unique foreign name so not many ppl would have it) on the board in place of mine.
Also, when I plugged my reservation # into AutoSlash, it automatically suggested my dad's name as the reservation name.

Clearly AutoSlash is pulling from a Hertz database that has my dad's name instead of mine, associated with the reservations/accounts somehow.

... is going on? Hertz has no clue. Any AutoSlash experts know? Or has this happened to someone else before? I'm guessing it's some kind of weird association with my cell phone number, like maybe my dad listed mine in the past? He definitely does not book under my name or phone number.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:35 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Not sure what you mean when you say, "when I plugged my reservation # into AutoSlash, it automatically suggested my dad's name as the reservation name". There is no functionality on AutoSlash to "suggest names". Can you be more specific about exactly what happened here on the Autoslash side?

It sounds like you tracked the rental with us, which requires the following information:

- Rental Company
- Confirmation Number
- Pickup Date
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address

We do not have any special access to Hertz's system. We have the same tools available to the general public. The entry pages to enter your data will simply accept whatever information you entered as long as the information is what we believe is valid (so you can't just enter '123' for the confirmation number since we know that's not long enough). There is no realtime checking going on though.

Once the info is entered, we'll try to retrieve the rest of your reservation details. Sometimes this results in an error which put it in a manual queue which someone has to look at. If that's the case we'll look for typos and such to see if we can pull the details, otherwise, we'll contact the customer to get the proper info.

Feel free to PM us if you have questions about a specific reservation or request.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Clear cache and cookies.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Clear cache and cookies.
Ah yes, well we do retain the last name entered, so if the last thing you did on AutoSlash was to track a reservation that was under your dad's name, that could explain why it was pre-filled when you came to the site the next time.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions but neither of those are it. My dad lives on the other side of the country and doesn't use my computer, and I've never booked under his name, so it should not be related to cache/cookies/previously-entered info.
@AutoSlash: your homepage --> Track a Rental --> reservation company and number --> reservation start date --> customer name (was auto-populated).

Maybe I will make another reservation just to confirm and prove it, because, frankly at the expense of sounding like a schizophrenic lunatic or something, I swear Hertz has a secondary demographics database that auto-fills customer info because there's no other explanation for why their gold board would show my dad's name, and AutoSlash randomly does too.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
Thanks for the suggestions but neither of those are it. My dad lives on the other side of the country and doesn't use my computer, and I've never booked under his name, so it should not be related to cache/cookies/previously-entered info.
@AutoSlash: your homepage --> Track a Rental --> reservation company and number --> reservation start date --> customer name (was auto-populated).

Maybe I will make another reservation just to confirm and prove it, because, frankly at the expense of sounding like a schizophrenic lunatic or something, I swear Hertz has a secondary demographics database that auto-fills customer info because there's no other explanation for why their gold board would show my dad's name, and AutoSlash randomly does too.
Open an incognito/private window in your web browser (or use a different web browser entirely) and you'll see the name is not filled. It's simply based on the value in a cookie we store for your web browser from a previous session.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.