Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at OAK; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)

Hi all,

I searched around but couldn't seem to find a thread discussing this. Has anyone rented at OAK lately and could give me an idea of the vehicle selection there?

If this has been covered and I couldn't find it, you could also point me in the direction of that thread.

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:39 pm

I don't think there is a thread. From what I recall of my last visit to the PC section in Ultimate Choice (I didn't look around, just grabbed the first car I saw, since I was not going to do much driving anyway):

- Chrysler C300 in every colour
- Impalas
- Various nice full-size cars (new and well equipped)
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge Challenger
- At least one pickup truck
- Several SUVs
- Buick Lacrosse
- Ford Taurus
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

This morning around 8 am at OAK.

PC:
SLC 300
Chrysler 300S
Two Challengers (didn't see the trim)
Avalon
Fusion Hybrid
Maxima
The usual smattering of F cars

5*:
Mostly F cars
One Chrysler 300S

I was tempted by the SLC but then I remembered I'd promised to take some friends around. So, the 300S it was.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Short trip at OAK today. I took a look at the lot when I returned and saw a few notable additions to the lot from this morning:

Charger R/T
Infiniti Q60
Ram 1500

5* was about the same as this morning.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
12/23 around 6:30pm

PC - Q70, Buick convertible, Camero RS, Mustang Convert
5 star - Avalon, Maxima, Pacifica
Gold - Mustang 5.0 Convertible

SUVs pulled off.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:15 pm

Had a backup reservation here for a midsize SUV for the night of Friday, 11/1. Never received a Carfirmation, and my name wasn't on the board when I arrived. Most interesting option in PC was an XTS with 17K miles.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:39 am

Picked up on Tuesday, 1/11 around 11am. PC (on the right in the pictures below) and 5* (on the left) were pretty full with your typical options (e.g., several standard SUVs and Mustangs on PC). I grabbed a 2018 (!) Nissan Murano SL with 17K miles—was in great shape despite its age and worked well for my needs, as I needed to haul a 7.5 foot box.

medellinfein likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Booked OAK for 9am the night before. I am Five Star. The "board" said "Presidents Circle" next to my name. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in the Bay Area, I had a one hour drive to Marin, and I took a Ford Mustang Convertible with 3.7 miles. Drove with the top down for the entire day, in a suit. Made me remember why I [sometimes] love Hertz.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Arrived around 8 PM on a Sunday night, PC had a huge selection of sporty rides. A few Mustangs (V6 Coupe, Ecoboost Coupe/Convertible, and 2 GT Coupes), 4 cyl Camaro, and two Challenger R/T Hemi's. Also had an older (higher mileage) BMW 320i, and a new Volkswagen Arteon. Looks like a lot of the cars on OAK's lot are brand new, with only a few hundred or few thousand miles on them now - huge improvement over last year.
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and turbox3 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
OAK Hertz seems to be improving their inventory as of late. Got in on a Saturday night and was surprised to see the PC section include a Convertible BMW 230i, Mustang EcoBoost Convertible, Mustang GT Coupe, 4 cyl Camaro, and a Challenger R/T Hemi.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Hertz PC, Avis PP
Experience from the last month and a half :

1st rental
OAK

PC

Reserved R
Received R2 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid > Toyota Sienna Hybrid

Notes: Chrysler seemed pretty nice. Lowest mile Pacifica they had at roughly 18k miles. Car had 360 camera but front camera threw an error. Asked to swap and was given an 2018 Chrysler Pacifica with close to 40k on the clock that was pretty beat. Went back and asked for something else and got a 2022 Toyota Sienna with about 18k on the clock. About 4 days into the rental, maintenance required light came on. Was mid trip and didn’t have a chance to swap at local airport. Ended up driving for two weeks till in got back home and then brought it to back to OAK for a swap. They told me they were out of cars and to go to SFO. At SFO, they tried to swap me to a 2022 Sienna with 40k on the clock that was beat to ..... When asked if there was anything else that was less beat, was told no. Asked a different person and they decided to be super helpful and put me in a Sienna with 4K miles. Drove that for the remainder of the rental ~2 weeks ish. Best part, this new Sienna threw a maintenance required light mid way through as well. 😒 Have noticed that a lot of the cars around here whether from Hertz or Avis have maintenance needs that seem to go unaddressed/aggressively deferred.

2nd Rental:

OAK

PC

Reserved: L/SFAR/F4
Received: L4/FRAR/K6 GMC Acadia
Notes: This one went a bit better. Checked the aisle. Pretty beat high mileage cars in the PC section (30k plus Highlanders, Explorers etc.) Went to my assigned spot and found a 2wd GMC Acadia with ~4K miles. Looks like I got a slight upgrade. 😍. Pretty nicely equipped with pleather/leather, heated seats, wireless Apple CarPlay. Car also threw a maintenance required light about 4/6ths of the way through the rental. Ended up putting about 1.7k miles in two weeks.🤷
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:23 pm

Came on a Friday of a long holiday weekend and the lot was EMPTY! There was only one car left which was in the PC: a Nissan Pathfindger. Employees were bringing cars and they were being immediately snatched up. I decided to go to National and grab an Audi A4 from the ES.

Went to return on 2/18 and there was a Chevy Silverado EV in the PC which is wild.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.