Wiki Posts
Search

Car Infested with Ants

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Car Infested with Ants

Well this is a first. Picked up a 2018 Lacrosse today with barely 3k miles. Saw one/two ants on the dashboard after driving it off the airport lot. Now it is crawling with ants especially all over the dashboard and outside. I’m about 100mi away from the airport. Should i call to get it towed? Am i overreacting? Would you guys ask for compensation?

Last edited by mdbe; Jul 26, 2018 at 8:54 pm Reason: Added picture
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:11 pm

Why not ask to exchange the car at the closest Hertz location?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

I tried. they were sold out.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:50 am

If they're only on the outside, just take it to a car wash and that should wipe them out.

If they're on the inside, call Hertz and demand an exchange.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
At first glance, I thought the title of this thread (in the Hertz forum) was, "Car infested with Avis."

Agree: if outside, take it to a car wash, or take it back to the location and ask them to wash it. If inside, you are within your rights to demand an exchange, either at your original rental location or any other one nearby.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
This looks like the exact same car we saw at SNA couple weeks ago. White 2018 Lacrosse. Did it have FL plates?
Another time in OAK there was another Buick crawling with ants. Something with Buick and ants
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:34 pm

White 2018 Lacrosse. Did it have FL plates?

Picked up a 2018 Lacrosse today with barely 3k miles...

I doubt it's the same car. If it came one-way from FL, and you picked it up in CA, it would almost certainly have more than 3k mi, even assuming it had zero miles when it left FL.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:14 am
Original Poster

MA plates but then again i’ve seen hertz change tags on the fly and print temp tags.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'd be calling and demanding someone bring me a car.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
White 2018 Lacrosse. Did it have FL plates?

Picked up a 2018 Lacrosse today with barely 3k miles...

I doubt it's the same car. If it came one-way from FL, and you picked it up in CA, it would almost certainly have more than 3k mi, even assuming it had zero miles when it left FL.

Good point...I didn't notice that detail so definitely not the same car. Something with Buicks and ants.. We've seen a couple buicks infested with ants all at different locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.