Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Presidents Circle cars offered at CMH (Franchise location)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K

I know CMH is a franchise location and heavily VW, but wanted to hear some experience with Presidents Circle there. Do they offer up anything better, like Volvo for PC members?

I have been renting from National for years but the quality of cars in Executive has gotten worse in many locations and CMH is terrible as it' a franchise from a GM dealer. Only hope there is getting something from the One Way rental aisle, which sometimes has something decent but it' not reliable.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:51 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
I know this is an ancient thread, but since I'm going to be into CMH a few times over the next couple of months, I thought I would post.

It seems to me that the Buick Regal reigns at CMH, together with the Malibu little brother. There are also a few A4s and the usual Nissan/Toyota sedans and SUVs. There is no Choice at CMH, so you have to go inside and they give you your contract and keys.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
It's been a few months since I was there, but was pretty disappointed. They wouldn't budge on the "upgrade" for Presidents Circle. They gave me a choice of an Altima (4cyl version) or a Camry. If I wanted a Maxima or an A4 they wanted a fairly significant daily supplement. Think it was $25 extra a day for the Maxima and forget how much for the Audi. CMH in general is quite sad for car rentals, way too many franchise branches. Anywhere else in the country I prefer National, but you get tired of Malibus and Impalas at CMH pretty quickly. Only saving grace for National there is the "one-way" aisle of cars from corporate locations they want to get rid of. Sometimes there is something nice in there.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
~Deleted~

Sorry, i thought i was in the Avis forum. lol

Last edited by GNALUZU; Sep 14, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:33 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
I actually have been back to exchange my car twice on this trip and am thinking about a third. The Malibu they first gave me stunk and I felt was unstable at speed. The Regal they gave me smelled like cigarettes, so I went back in. The Rogue they gave me I *hated* (of course), so I went back for an A4. They were reasonable with me, but did require an upgrade payment. But, the A4 has a number of annoying and/or concerning issues (keyless entry doesn't work, wipers are bad, and there's a crunching sound from the front left axle sometimes). So, probably taking it back and seeing what they will do next!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.